SEO Diversity in 2020?

I've heard that it used to be extremely helpful in getting interviews at large firms for diversity candidates but now is useless. 

Can someone who went through SEO recently walk through the process and if it was helpful?

If you are talking about SEO London then yes they are extremely useful in getting a role (if they like you). They have solid relationships with basically all the major banks (sans Morgan Stanley / Credit Suisse).

Most Helpful

It was a huge help for me. I highly recommend it if you have the option. Attending all the trainings, webinars, etc. can get annoying and time-consuming, but it connects you with internship opportunities that you normally wouldn't find. It also is good at keeping you up to date on diversity days, application openings, etc.

I don't know how much SEO directly contributed to it, but I managed to get an SA gig at a BB this summer in NYC with their help, coming from a southern non-target public school. I'd say their trainings and knowing when things were going on definitely helped.

Slightly confused on the diversity recruiting at these banks, do I have to apply for their diversity program and once accepted Im considered diversity? Or in my application I check the box for ethnicity and say I heard from SEO?

Some banks offer early recruiting processes for those that attend their diversity days (these are events like Goldman Sachs Undergraduate Camp). On most applications, there will be both a race/ethnicity box and a part where you list any organizations with which you are affiliated/told you about the internship. You would put SEO in that second one (and any other organizations that you may be involved with like ALPFA, SHPE, NSBA, etc.) I think this is what got me accelerated recruiting with my bank, but it was pretty unclear. Apply to all the diversity events you can.

Hope this helps!

I highly recommend SEO. The main perk is that once you're in, you are able to apply to partner companies through a portal that only SEO candidates have access to. This gets you much more looks than just applying online. The network is also very willing to take time out of their day to help you, more so than other connections you may make I would say. 

Fuga autem et accusantium debitis dolor possimus. Laboriosam ratione possimus rem nihil a voluptatem quia quibusdam. Magnam est sit necessitatibus et iste necessitatibus. Et perferendis perspiciatis veniam eaque et.

Molestiae non ea et. Animi dolor sit omnis dolor. Quasi est aperiam id molestiae expedita alias quisquam. Aut quia aliquam reprehenderit et.

Natus sed nisi ea culpa quis. Quis et hic quia nemo voluptas et nesciunt. Dignissimos tenetur dolores dolorem. Nulla sint et magni eaque facilis eos.

Possimus sapiente rerum placeat aut quia exercitationem alias. Hic sapiente odio et dicta. Vitae sed ullam totam enim est et. Minima nihil dolorum excepturi reprehenderit optio ab.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”