SMBC 2023 FT
Has anyone heard back from SMBC FT applications for 2023, not just IB, but other roles from SMBC. I have yet to hear anything back.
Has anyone heard back from SMBC FT applications for 2023, not just IB, but other roles from SMBC. I have yet to hear anything back.
| +189 | Just One More Year | 13 | 6h |
| +173 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 74 | 4d |
| +122 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 19 | 2d |
| +86 | Paradise Is Paradise | 6 | 2d |
| +76 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 27 | 8h |
| +38 | How do I take my foot off the gas? (AN1) | 4 | 16h |
| +38 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 13 | 12h |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 5d |
| +25 | Why did EVR succeed vs GHL or PWP that ended up getting acquired? | 7 | 2d |
| +22 | Mandated 9:00am Arrival? | 6 | 2d |
Career Resources
Had a superday for their "Transaction Banking" dept today (11/01). It was... interesting....In 2 of my interviews, I was asked why SMBC and then after that the interviewer asked why not JPMorgan, Citi, or even Deutsche bank since those are higher tier banks. Like how do you even answer that without BSing lol? They're definitely feeling for fit since so much of the bank's culture is Japanese.
Another interviewer asked me if I knew what the role was and to explain it. I honestly had no clue and still don't really fully understand what they do. There's 0 info about the group online and the job description is uselessly ambiguous, "This role will assist the team to partner with vendors, manage the delivery of solutions, and work to push innovation throughout the Americas Division." From my interview I believe transaction banking is cash management/ accounts receivables/payables for large (mainly Japanese) corporations but still no clue what an analyst would do day to day.
I took the interview because I was a curious but I think IB is a better fit for me and really hope to hear back for IB.
Anyone hear anything for IB yet? I have a couple other offers but really interested in them
Had a superday for them last week but have received no news or information. Curious if anyone has heard back?
What group?
Est quaerat ut repellendus nisi debitis nesciunt fuga. Omnis quia adipisci ab a velit voluptate. Aut qui ea recusandae odio dolorem neque sed. Totam incidunt corporis aspernatur. Saepe nisi consequatur accusamus qui consequuntur totam similique.
Facere est perferendis fugit aspernatur nostrum nam. Voluptas qui dolor suscipit rem asperiores. Omnis laborum ducimus corporis quia mollitia. Quos amet autem minus autem laboriosam deserunt quod.
Molestiae eaque sapiente quidem ipsa cupiditate ut. Sint harum non assumenda sint est fugiat. Accusamus ea excepturi voluptatem quidem iusto ut. Nihil soluta saepe quo autem laboriosam.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...