Still no SA 2025 offer. Anyone else in the same boat?

Title pretty much sums it up. I started networking in January and after so many networking calls and a few first rounds and super days, I’m still empty handed. I feel kinda disillusioned rn. I’m non-diversity, go to a semi-target, have a decent GPA, and good activities. Ig I’m just unlucky but I haven’t given up just yet even tho it’s so mentally draining. Anyone else in the same situation?

Same exact position but still pushing through. End goal at this point is to get regional IB for junior SA and then hopefully lateral. If all else fails in the next month, gonna try for consulting but not really interested in it

To be honest, I feel more upset about the opportunities i missed out on rather than feeling disappointed in going to a potentially lower tier shop. Careers last decades and this one internship won’t end up defining it forever

My friend signed SA24 a few months ago, you only lose the recruiting game when you give up.

Am just a sophomore so take what I say with a grain of salt, but there's tons of shops out there (regional IB / borderline MM) that haven't even kicked off their recruiting processes or are just starting, not to mention random small PE firms. I've also anecdotally heard some firms like Deutsche will have a second wave of recruiting in the summer but not sure how true that is. I would also look at IB-adjacent roles (PCA, PE Secondaries, maybe even commercial/corporate banking SA at a BB) to help with a potential lateral if you're dead-set against consulting.

Have you worked on figuring out why the super days didn't go your way? If it's just luck fair enough, but if not obviously try working on whatever it was that didn't go right for you.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll find something

Most Helpful

I know people who’re still in processes — just keep grinding man, cast a wider net and look into HFs, PE, credit, larger AM shops (ex: Blackrock) which are yet to run their process. There’s a whole year until SA 2025 actually kicks off and there’s always things opening up over the summer and into the fall. Keep your eyes and ears open for any opportunities that might interest you, hop onto Linkedin and Handshake everyday, and reach out to any contact that might be able to help at all. Most importantly, don’t settle for less, keep working till you get what you want.

You're not alone, I have many contacts to my alma matter (finance director) and many students haven't landed stuff.
The market just isn't great at the moment.

Vitae facilis maxime porro magni laborum. Rerum aliquam corporis natus ut rerum iste.

Porro quasi delectus rem consectetur. Sunt atque aliquam quia sapiente et id.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”