I hope this is a joke. If it's a joke, it's a bad joke. You do NOT want to work here. Had a friend that actually did it, and I can't even begin to explain the shitty experience they had. A few pointers:

1. The MD is crazy, toxic, and thinks she's hot shit on twitter
  2. The people that worked there - doing a simple LinkedIn search, didn't get the best IB jobs coming out of Tobin.
  3. You will not get experience. They don't have deals.
  4. Your resume will be regarded as a joke with the Tobin name on it.

What’s the size of the intern class? Also I don’t understand what you mean by joke ? I saw recruiting threads for other banks so decided to make one for Tobin.

Brian "Longcollars" Colangelo

I’m a fun guy. Obviously I love the game of basketball. I mean there’s more questions you have to ask me in order for me to tell you about myself. I'm not just gonna give you a whole spill... I mean, I don't even know where you're sitting at

Funniest

Leveraged my GS TMT offer to get a superday at Tobin. Sadly didn't get an offer. Thinking of recruiting on cycle at MF PE (think BX, KKR) and then going to Harvard (think Baker scholar), and recruit to be associate at Tobin. A little concerned since I went to a semi-target, so not sure if I'd really be competitive at Tobin. Might retake the GMAT for 800 after I get a Rhodes Scholarship to boost profile. Thoughts?

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but none of that means anything if you didn't get a Presidential Medal of Freedom from the man Donny Pump himself, and even then, it is NOT guaranteed to get a FT offer at Tobin. Good luck, but your chances are slim. I'd recommend settling down a tier below Tobin and join Apollo/KKR/BX, move to a top HF (think Tiger Global), then make the move to Tobin as a 1st year associate.

Hey man, appreciate the optimism, but I'm gonna be real frank with you here. **Some people just don't make the cut**. The Tobin standard has been that of pinnacle prestige. Do a quick LinkedIn search and you'll find that the 2020 Associate cohort was composed of literal rockstars (guys with a BB IB sophomore summer internship, a MF PE junior summer internship, and the typical 2yr. HF analyst stint). Even those guys are at the heels of HR, begging to get a chance to work with the absolute deal-god, Justine Tobin.

Am I trying to say that your dream of breaking into Tobin will never be a reality? **Maybe**. Although, I will caveat that by saying the standard morale booster rhetoric we have all seen on WSO, "*nothing is out of the impossible, network with people on LinkedIn, be the top 1% in your T1 MBA class. If you follow these steps, then the odds **may** be in your favor*", which we all know is sadly bullshit because there is no such thing as an "underdog" or a "semi-target school (or even target school)" success story for how they broke into one of the most (if not the most) prestigious firm on the street.

Thinking of leaving my full time role to enroll in a local 4-year university so that I have a shot. Fingers crossed

Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.

I’m the OP and I have no idea why people are calling me Justine. I’m legitimately considering recruiting for the bank. Yes the gig is unpaid but I don’t attend H/Y/S/P so the chances of breaking into GS/JPM/MS are virtually slim to none. Would rather do this then some random BO internship tbh.

Interesting thing here is that maybe 4-5 years ago that would be true but this site has memed Tobin and Co for so long that the college kids who read this forum years ago are now people who work at banks and are reviewing your resume.

There is a real possibility that a BO job at a random place could be better than a Tobin and Co internship.

What about DB/UBS/RBC/Nomura? Those banks are memed on but surely you aren’t going to tell me they are a 0 value add to the resume.

the gap between Tobin and DB is roughly equal to the gap between GS and your local community college's finance club

Hello Wall Street, It’s Yours Truly. If you don’t see it here, I didn’t say it. Former Buffalo Bills Tailback / 1973 NFL MVP / 1968 Heisman Trophy Winner / 5x All Pro

Exactly. There're so many banks out there. If not the top BBs, you should look at the mid-tier BBs, bottom-tier BBs, top MM firms (Rothschild, HL, Jefferies, RBC, Blair, Baird, HW) and lower MM firms (Lincoln, RJ, Stifel)

The fact that you auto ding candidates who work an a rival bank shows you are egotistical and you could probably be pursued legally as well.

Lmaoooo I cannot believe that heaux is actually back commenting on WSO

Disappointed - I came to this thread expecting satire and some good old fashioned Tobin bashing. You should be ashamed OP/Justine. I guess with quarantine you can't complain about people using your apartment gym or ridicule restaurant workers, so you come here to shitpost

I’m a fun guy. Obviously I love the game of basketball. I mean there’s more questions you have to ask me in order for me to tell you about myself. I'm not just gonna give you a whole spill... I mean, I don't even know where you're sitting at

Here's a quote from the bank in response to a negative review

"We are very sorry that we earn so much of your attention that you feel that you must come back and tell us how embarrassed you are a few years later. A little flattered, yes. But very sorry. Nobody knows who you are, so you really don't need to be embarrassed. It's okay!

So, let's get down to brass tacks: What HAVE you done to personally ensure diversity in your fraternity? This may have been a question ahead of its time, from your perspective, a couple of years ago. But now in this time of #GeorgeFloyd, we really do want to know. We ask this question quite frequently, because gender and race diversity is important to our firm. And we want it to be important to our analysts. That is why we ask the question.

So, what you you done personally to ensure diversity at your current firm? In your recruiting processes? In your interactions with your teammates at your firm? You do agree that this is important, right?

Unfortunately, your lack of an answer in your interview (and evident anger about the question) is why you did not receive an offer from our firm. But we hope that you are better addressing this important concept in your current work (and personal) environment now.

Thanks. Take care."

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Interview/Tobin-and-Company-Investment-Ban…

Sit nobis porro sed maiores aut sed. Totam ut molestias repudiandae vel labore quia. Vel soluta aperiam in voluptate. Quasi est eaque minus. Aut tenetur eos omnis nisi incidunt. Dolor facilis ducimus commodi aut dolor. Rerum molestiae aut occaecati quia.

Itaque velit optio est a. Ipsa autem occaecati velit quisquam minus porro. Ut fuga sunt ut quia odit dolorem hic. Et iusto et voluptas dolorem error. Est animi quibusdam repellendus odio vel.

Optio voluptas ut delectus eum sint quia voluptatum. Ut dolores voluptates et architecto cupiditate. Saepe culpa veritatis aut provident.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”