TripleTree - 2023 Thoughts

Hi all,

Hope everyone has a great week so far, I'm currently a 2nd year analyst (ignore title) and was curious to hear of everyone's thoughts / insights regarding TripleTree, given I've been hearing their name a lot lately. Any insight into comp, reputation, exits, etc, would be very helpful.

Thank you.

7 Comments
 

Very reputable name within middle-market Healthcare Technology. Seem to have great deal flow (although assets they have brought out this year have been varying in quality). Unsure about comp or exits but I’m sure you wouldn’t have a problem landing a spot at a middle market shop that has a presence investing in HCIT (surprisingly large amount). Location I think is a big drawback given you will likely be in Minnesota I believe but know they have a growing presence in NY. Anecdotally they do seem to have a lot of weird/broken auctions (likely a function of being over aggressive on positioning some of the companies they bring out)

 

Thanks for your answer, it was very helpful! Interestingly, I heard from a buddy of mine that they Nyc office is growing quite a bit. I would definitely prefer that as the location. Just curious, what other shop would you compare them to?

 
Most Helpful

In my opinion they punch above their weight, especially in the HCIT sector. When I was in corporate development at a HCIT company, I had never heard of them before but they had really good mandates - they were even co-advisors on some larger deals (saw they were a co-advisor on a sell-side process with Goldman Sachs so seems they must be highly thought of).

I'm not sure how the Capital One acquisition may have changed the firm but a lot of the senior folks have been there forever (not sure if they are waiting for their Employment Agreements to run out). 

 

Dignissimos quam eligendi qui quo rerum. Ab aut sint aut ducimus voluptatem aut dolorum. Non quia rerum facilis sed doloremque architecto. Nemo dignissimos veniam quis rem dolorem.

Veniam fuga et ut qui assumenda. Nihil sed fuga excepturi quae. Quisquam molestiae amet ut qui eos. Et est veniam et dicta quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”