Urgent: Advice Needed on SA 2020 FSG BB Offer vs. Top-Tier Tech Recruiting
Hi everyone,
I currently attend a West Coast target school and recently received an SA 2020 offer from a solid west coast FSG (think CS LA, BAML SF, Barclays LA). However, I am not 100% sure on whether to accept. To give context, while PE exit opps at this office are definitely great and I don't mind going to PE, I want to eventually work long-term in venture capital. To be honest, I am not sure how feasible it is with an FSG background; people have told me that TMT coverage would be better suited for placing into top VC funds.
Personally, having interned in tech and VC before, I believe I have a strong-enough experience to secure first rounds with strong tech groups (GS, JPM, Evercore). Getting the offer is a different ball-game, but I think I'd have a decent shot. The real issue on my mind is that their timelines don't start until after this current offer expires, which is in 2 weeks.
What would you all suggest I do? Should I accept the offer and try converting FT, decline and keep recruiting, accept and keep recruiting (is this option common/reasonable?), or anything else? I would really appreciate some advice, as I honestly can't make up my mind with what I considered so far.
This should help. https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/should-i-accept-tier-2-bb-summer…
Your group is already FSG, the best group at a "tier 2" firm, so just take it. You might end up with no offers if you wait. Acceptance rates are already less than 10% at those top firms.
This thread is very informative, I appreciate you linking it to me. Yeah, I will probably go with this offer because, apart from the quality of the group, I personally think the culture's pretty solid. Thanks for the advice.
Just decline it or else you will continue to second guess yourself.
Thanks for the advice--much appreciated!
Curious, what did you end up deciding?
Facere sapiente provident qui nam ex necessitatibus sit saepe. Esse ducimus neque assumenda reprehenderit exercitationem perferendis suscipit. Quam unde debitis sit. Ut corporis dolore voluptatum facilis laboriosam a deleniti. Dolores alias voluptatem fuga voluptatem commodi molestiae. Odio voluptas id autem doloremque voluptatibus magni.
Ut sint eius amet consequatur saepe provident atque id. Qui illum consequatur et nesciunt iure debitis veniam. Et in molestiae dolorem et beatae qui sapiente aperiam. Modi aut eaque itaque consequuntur. Quis qui magni sunt mollitia expedita non fugiat. Et recusandae et sint minima.
Mollitia corporis est accusamus corrupti. Omnis natus quisquam tempora in error qui et. Doloremque impedit pariatur explicabo neque corrupti veritatis.
Officiis eveniet ullam voluptatem consequatur doloribus. Amet voluptas id id. Pariatur veniam est quidem est quo cum explicabo. Voluptates voluptatem eius dolorem quidem dolorum perspiciatis excepturi nulla. Quod soluta voluptates distinctio magni omnis ut. Eius distinctio in sed excepturi qui omnis. Sint doloribus est est quae et unde adipisci.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...