Hey everyone. I received an offer for summer 2020 from a tier 2 BB (think Citi/BAML/CS), but was hoping on applying to GS and JPM when those apps open later on during the summer. I was originally given 2 weeks to decide, but I got a one month extension to give me more time to think. However, the time window will end before I get to interview for GS or JPM.
I feel confident that I will receive an interview for GS/JPM since I'm a top target and have networked with many people there, but there's no guarantee I'll get the offer. Should I accept this tier 2 BB offer and just renege later if I get a GS/JPM offer? Also, GS/JPM will likely ask me if I currently have any other offers -- is it okay to lie about this to preserve my chances?
I hate recruiting so much lol.