Which banks still give their analysts blackberries? (2016)

Will be starting at a global MM this summer, and I have yet to find out what "perks" the office offers.

I know a lot of banks have phased out blackberries altogether, with many of them pushing for employees to use their personal phones for work.

Which banks still offer analysts blackberries? Do any of them even offer analysts a work phone nowadays?

18 Comments
 

Good App is a complete joke... The fact that it needs to be actively checked is a nightmare. I just want my phone to buzz everytime my associate shoots me a weekend email so I know if its a firedrill. With the good app I am on tenterhooks checking the app all weekend trying to make sure I dont miss anything

 
"BreakingintoIBD"

Good App is a complete joke... The fact that it needs to be actively checked is a nightmare. I just want my phone to buzz everytime my associate shoots me a weekend email so I know if its a firedrill. With the good app I am on tenterhooks checking the app all weekend trying to make sure I dont miss anything

This. I hate GOOD app more than the red blinking light of death

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
 

Good is better than AirWatch. Our IT department shifted from the first to the second a while ago. AirWatch is like going backwards 5 years in terms of user interface.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, post threads about how to do it on WSO.
 

I'm at an AM firm, so not entirely relevant, and some have blackberrys, others use personal devices. We use Touchdown (Symantec) that requires a password to access the email and can be wiped remotely by IT if needed (without wiping the whole phone). Works great, I get notifications as normal and simply enter my passcode to read them. Surprised banks don't use something similar

Array
 

We are in the process of moving from BB to iPhone. We also have the option to use a personal device (with Good app) and receive $20 per month for our personal data usage.

----- -Sabot
 

Consequatur cupiditate autem ducimus est sed aut. Sint at eos vitae. Ipsum ratione enim dolor necessitatibus beatae.

Voluptatibus quibusdam ut perferendis facilis temporibus. Dolore iste ipsam ullam hic sed ipsum temporibus neque. Maxime quis maxime rerum harum eos accusantium aut. Quis perferendis beatae voluptatum quaerat. Dolore assumenda alias quaerat voluptatem. Recusandae doloribus numquam soluta est.

Repellendus corporis dignissimos voluptatem cum fugiat suscipit sunt. Sit est animi ut dolore. Error ullam veritatis praesentium eligendi cum necessitatibus quis. Quasi illo quasi est commodi qui eos. Placeat laudantium ex commodi eaque. Natus omnis vero eum et quod excepturi.

Consectetur perspiciatis placeat ad quam. Earum excepturi itaque laudantium esse est blanditiis consequatur. Et voluptatem facere veniam et. Aspernatur et quia voluptatum nostrum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”