2021 Full-time Analyst Recruitment

Just got off a phone call with an alum who works for Deutsche Bank in London. She mentioned that a lot of the banks are considering skipping fall recruitment this year for full-time positions and only hire summer analysts, at least in the London office. Does anyone have any insights on what fall recruitment for FT might look like in the US or maybe Hong Kong office?

I think, for most BBs, that the recruiting timeline might get pushed into more "normal" timing, i.e., in the late summer/early fall. Banks seem to be pretty focused on restructuring their summer 2020 programs at the moment so I wouldn't expect them to surge on FT recruiting just yet.

That said, I went through this last year and it's still important to network, although no one knows any real information until the intern program ends/offers are given out, i.e., as to whether they need to bring in more talent. By networking effectively, if the firm does FT hiring, you're already on the radar as interested.

How did you balance networking before the internship ends with managing your SA position? My SA is online so I assume I'll have time to network, but I'm more worried about my current bank getting wind of my recruiting somehow and not getting a return offer or people I network with being annoyed that someone with a decent SA position is still looking around for FT opportunities.

Most Helpful

Not the commenter above, but was in the same situation. I wouldn't really network with anyone you don't already have a close connection with (e.g. genuine friends or mentors) until you have secured a return offer. Most FT processes are towards the end of summer (late July through September) anyway, although who knows with what's going on now.

Curious as to whether I should contact analysts that just started (Class of 2020 graduates) or analysts who just finished their 1st year (Class of 2019 graduates)? Or does it depend on the firm?

Understanding that this would be a unique year, does anyone have an idea of the deadlines for interns to accept return offers? Wouldn't open spots depend on how many don't accept (probably a small number on any given year and potentially smaller this year)

Tempore nisi commodi distinctio natus eveniet molestiae nisi. Dolor possimus et dolorum omnis quas nisi dicta. Qui quos eius qui. Quo magnam consequatur eveniet porro harum assumenda qui deserunt.

Quo quisquam ut assumenda dicta. Et deleniti ea voluptatem rerum at omnis. Numquam in repellendus fuga libero modi. Eaque perspiciatis voluptatum sequi. Eos hic doloribus suscipit labore voluptate.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”