2023 full time recruiting timeline

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. To give some background, I have a summer position at a PE shop this summer and in case if I don't get an return offer/don't like the group/ or want to recruit for the sell-side, when does the full-time recruiting pick-up?

Cheers

Most Helpful

Majority of FT recruiting happens the week or two after SAs leave, continuing through August and largely wrapping up by mid September. You should be interview ready in early August.

Start networking around week 3/4 of your internship (or week 3/4 of the standard IB internship, keep an eye on the BB's timelines). Hop on the phone with people, say you like your internship but you're considering IB because you think you'd enjoy the sellside more, better training program, whatever. Touch base with them again around week 8/9 and ask if they anticipate running a full time process, and timing. You can't start networking before you even start though, has to seem like you gave your current internship a chance. 

Make sure you get a return offer at your PE shop - this is the first interview question and for many banks, no return offer is an auto ding (unless you can honestly say they have never taken FTs), especially since you're not coming from IB.

Omnis voluptatem aut vel aut aut facere ea dolor. Aut non ad et quos deserunt similique aliquam. Debitis cum dolor vero occaecati sequi asperiores animi. Optio eos cumque eum at pariatur. Quia quia quod minima et optio est dolor.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”