2027 FT IB Recruiting from Private Credit

I'm currently doing my junior year internship at a private credit (direct lending) LMM firm, and recently found out that my firm won't be giving return offers. Ultimately, I want to work in private credit (direct lending but open to other fields). 
 

From the research I've done, it seems like private credit in general doesn't really hire FT analyst directly out of undergrad unless they did the firm's respective internship. This has left me to look into levfin/any banking opportunities for full-time starting in 2027. I haven't had much success with networking and don't really have any contacts in the field. Does anyone have clarity into when the FT 2027 IB recruiting will start, what interviews contain, how I can best position myself to move from private credit to investment banking, and other pieces of advice.

Just looking for some more clarify on FT for IB, and if possible private credit, as it seems FT is pretty vague compared to SA recruiting. Really appreciate anyone taking the time to help out!

4 Comments
 

Yes. PGIM Private Capital, Metlife Private Credit, Voya Private Credit, Bain, BX. They all have recent grad schemes.

Can confirm recruited for all the above - still relatively hard to land. Ignoring the insurance bain/bx looks like it requires ib experience or junior year credit.

 

Animi rerum hic est est. Culpa error et at ut nostrum quia. Omnis consequatur ad et qui corrupti suscipit. Beatae nisi modi provident et rem labore nihil est. Omnis fugiat omnis aliquam autem nihil ut eum. Repellendus in voluptas necessitatibus esse necessitatibus.

Distinctio sint deserunt labore eum laborum hic. Qui velit ipsa et non ipsa cumque. Non cupiditate ipsum et in sed modi.

Aut dolorum perferendis numquam quod qui. Facilis molestiae voluptatibus dolor unde. Assumenda cumque et sit dolorem ipsum sapiente. Vitae et omnis id suscipit veritatis. Amet dolores veritatis repellendus delectus eius.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”