Internal Networking During SA2020 Internship

Incoming summer analyst at a bulge bracket with a bit of a dilemma -- could use some advice:

I'm from a non-target school and somehow managed to break into a BB with little/no alumni through cold emailing and networking. Initially, when I got my offer in the fall, I was told to relax and enjoy my junior year. Because of this, I stopped cold networking and making connections at the firm, at least up until the placement process started. Still, I feel as though the only people I'm "close" with at that firm are the full timers that helped me through recruiting -- ~3 people. I was initially hoping that I would be able to speak with analysts and develop some more meaningful connections during the summer, but due to the whole coronavirus situation my internship is virtual and shortened.

Would I be at a material disadvantage heading into the virtual internship, since it would be harder for me to speak with analysts and develop relationships -- I don't have the alumni support, and now it will be harder to gain support from other full-timers in a virtual manner. Will this affect my chances of converting my offer?

3 Comments
 

Minima labore perferendis voluptatem voluptas non a ea. Blanditiis dolorem ex incidunt sed eaque error laboriosam aliquam. At dignissimos blanditiis alias. Voluptatem delectus quasi laborum accusantium quidem. Eius non et rem eveniet qui. Corrupti autem nostrum et quod numquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”