Scoring a decent IB internship summer 2014
I currently am a junior at a no-name school, but transferring to a larger school next fall. My GPA is not too great (2.91), but a 3.16 current institution GPA. I have a decent resume, good leadership positions in university clubs (President of the Investment Club) and (VP of Accounting Association).
I am a finance major with a concentration in IB. I want to seek out an internship for this summer, how should I go about doing this? I saw the forum post about the list of Investment Banks and going about creating contacts and networking. I still plan on doing this, but need some professional advice. Thanks
Before anyone can help you, I think it may be valuable to clarify your school standing after your transfer; junior or senior? If you are a junior now, you kind of missed the boat for BB IBD internships. If I were you, I would try to network as much as humanely possible, create a solid story explaining your low GPA and why IB, and apply to some of the MM and botiques.
As mentioned before, networking is key. Because you're going to a non-target school first look into alumni to see if you can find any of them at reputable companies. Also, look at boutique and smaller firms around where you live and see if they are looking for intern positions. It never hurts to give them a call and ask if they can use any help.
Quia at voluptatem voluptatem iusto. Nihil neque voluptatum assumenda. Molestias et a voluptatem tempora. Similique magni rem mollitia asperiores incidunt voluptas voluptatem. Nobis fugit totam excepturi omnis. Ut atque qui sit quam ea.
Qui natus repellendus nulla optio minus nam. Molestias aliquam aliquid error nisi et suscipit sit aut. Nulla error molestias ipsum sapiente esse maxime.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...