10/14/16 - WSO Weekly Wrap Up
In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics:
What if Goldman Sachs & J.P. Morgan merged together?
Post By @JackTheBad"
What if Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan merged together?
What makes a good short?
Post By @Emily-Muhleman"
There are numerous danger signs that could nearly allow me to write a book on this topic, so I will compress my answer to my key considerations and thought process when evaluating short candidates. I will also detail several key danger signs and irregularities which I look for.
Q&A: 3rd Year PE Associate ($10bn+ AUM, MBO/LBO, equity, mezz, distressed debt)
Post By @NuckFuts"
I used to be quite active on WSO under a different name (before and up to the Eddie / MMM days) until IB turned me into a lurker. WSO played a big part in helping me land the IB gig initially, so when I mentor young bankers or college students, one of my first few questions to them is whether they have joined this community.
Q&A- High Yield/Distressed Debt Sell Side Analyst
Post By @chmpnarcher"
I am a second year analyst at a boutique broker/dealer from a non-target state school. Also a CFA Level 2 candidate, I have decent exposure to multiple sectors, e.g. oil & gas, metals & mining, and retail. We publish mostly on high yield or distressed debt situations, as well as some special situation equities (spin-offs, risk arb, etc).
How did Trump do last night?
Post By @BillBelichick37"
I think he somewhat helped his case but seems like it was not enough.
Personal Podiums and Alpha Dogs
Post By @The Uncontortionist"
Is it really the case that Americans, and perhaps people around the world, believe that people with more "attractive" traits are actually more capable? Are we, as a species, so driven to be led by an alpha that we are actually blinded by physical traits, to the point where we choose less talented people who better fit the bill instinctively?
Lord of the Billionaire Flies
Post By @Eddie Braverman"
Picture this: you wake up one morning to find yourself living in a shipping container. You step outside and see that you are not alone. There are dozens of shipping containers strung together on a floating platform, creating a sort of trailer park Alcatraz. You can see a tiny island in the distance, and the GPS on your phone tells you that you are somewhere in the middle of the South Pacific.
When Did You Start Saving for Your Retirement?
Post By @AlphaDog56"
When did you start saving for retirement? I personally have a Roth-IRA since I started working, but what other options are there on the market for those without a regular 401k?
Top target...Meh bank: Route to PE?
Post By @Uncreative Banker"
I am curious if anyone who has gone through the process or been in my position in the past has any advice?
Why you should take cold showers for a week
Post By @WheyOfLife"
I started a cold shower challenge two days ago and I am really digging it. Tomorrow morning when you are feeling like crap after 5 hours of sleep, take a cold shower; there is no harm in trying.
Ea ea beatae blanditiis est voluptas explicabo consequatur voluptatem. Voluptas laudantium molestias aut architecto. Et odio ab sequi cupiditate suscipit illo. Qui quo quaerat adipisci maiores.
Temporibus sint non ratione. Placeat numquam labore sed necessitatibus.
Quisquam ut odit doloremque ut mollitia rerum fugiat. Non dolorum quia ut quas. Mollitia esse qui sunt vitae reprehenderit quis perspiciatis. Quos autem alias at est. Voluptatem laboriosam nam temporibus modi sequi esse eos.
Eius illum pariatur corporis culpa vel consequatur et. Sint dignissimos provident deleniti officiis impedit velit ullam.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...