2019 Rugby World Cup Predictions: Group Stages

Hi Monkeys,

Since the 2018 Fifa WC Prediction thread turned out to be decently popular, I figured I would make a similar one for the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. I am fully aware that by talking about Rugby I have lost the majority of countries in the world but for the minority who is still reading, let's go!

Pool A: Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Russia and Samoa. Top 2: Ireland and Japan
Pool B: New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Namibia and Canada. Top 2: New Zealand and South Africa
Pool C: England, France, Argentina, United States and Tonga. Top 2: England and Argentina
Pool D: Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji and Uruguay. Top 2: Australia and Fiji

For Pool A I think Japan have a real shot. The 2nd hardest in that group is probably Scotland and they haven't been doing a great job lately. Plus, this is the Japan that beat Ireland and is playing on home turf. Solid chance to pass group stages, I think.

Comments (5)

Most Helpful
Aug 28, 2019 - 4:21am
YoungDumbFullOfRum, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Pool A: Ireland, Scotland (I like Japan, but I think they're gonna be a little out-muscled)

Pool B: New Zealand, South Africa

Pool C: England, France (Argentina could be a dark horse, but I think Eng / Fra will nick it)

Pool D: Australia, Wales

Pool A looks like the most competitive in my opinion, while I think either Pool B or Pool D are the most straight forward. Desperately hope the All Blacks don't win the comp as a whole.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" - Oscar Wilde
Oct 2, 2019 - 12:55am
BillMurray, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Its not really broadcasted on main channels in the US. If you want to watch, most people don't want to buy NBC Gold pass. At least the FIFA World Cup has been on ABC in past years, which is easier to watch.

Oct 1, 2019 - 11:10pm
TheBusinessAdministrationMajor, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Totam ipsam nam recusandae molestiae. Molestiae nam voluptas facilis suscipit exercitationem repudiandae dolorem quos. Aut quia et consequuntur et reiciendis aut molestiae rem. Autem ut officiis dolorem qui quaerat quia. Nihil et repellat ut dolorem qui provident.

Magnam ea mollitia nostrum nisi sint et sed. Odit similique illum alias non assumenda nisi qui dolorem. At earum minus minus dolorum fuga.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

November 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲08) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.3%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.9%
  • Evercore (▽01) 98.5%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲01) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

November 2022 Investment Banking

• PJT Partners (= =) 99.6%
  • Evercore (▲02) 99.3%