Family driver for 100K All-in

Just saw a post on my LinkedIn feed for a driver to help a family out around NYC and the Hamptons. Pay is 100k all-in. Any of you monkeys would consider quitting your finance job for this?

LinkedIn Post:

I'm recruiting for an incredible family that's looking for a professional Driver for NYC and Hamptons. Full-time position with compensation up to $100,000 all in including paid overtime. Valid drivers license and clean driving record a necessity.

Was walking down Park Ave mid-afternoon a couple of months ago and saw a driver holding the back door of an S-Class open for some businessman-looking guy. As he's getting in to the back seat, he notices a small cardboard box/package on the car seat. Proceeds to turn around to the driver while rolling his eyes and says, "I told you to put this in the FUCKING trunk!" Poor guy starts apologizing in broken English, saying that he was so sorry and that he just forgot. I felt bad for him.

So my answer is no. At least getting yelled at by the prick of an MD is more justifiable when getting paid like his analyst, not his driver.

As someone who's seen this a lot happen in cities like Hong Kong and Dubai, I can confirm. Job sucks. Drivers get shouted at for a myriad of stupid reasons. My uncle was often shouted at for getting stuff a few minutes late, while he often used all means available to skip the traffic.

The chillest dudes are literally the sheikhs. My friend's dad is the driver of the current ruler of Dubai, and he gets a free house, 2 cars, free education and healthcare, free insurance and free electricity and water bills.

GoldenCinderblock: "I keep spending all my money on exotic fish so my armor sucks. Is it possible to romance multiple females? I got with the blue chick so far but I am also interested in the electronic chick and the face mask chick."

now that is the ticket - i'd quit and move to Dubai for that job any day of the week.

"I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. " -GG

It's a trap! When I was starting out had this MD who had a driver. Poor guy barely spoke any English. He would drive my boss to work, drive the kids to school, and drive his wife around (she was stay at home and this was pre -08 so she filled her day with spa or lunch or whatever- they had a nanny for the children). That poor driver though, whenever my boss wanted to go home, he would just call his driver and expect him to be at the office in like 5 minute to pick him up. Oh how he would scream at this guy. It was awful. And then sometimes the MD would get involved with something and the driver would call him to tell him he was downstairs and he'd say "CIRCLE! CIRCLE! CIRCLE!" as in circle round the block. My heart felt for that guy.

********"Babies don't cost money, they MAKE money." - Jerri Blank********

Reminds me of how I was screaming at the TurboTax support person last night while I was in the company gym, running on a treadmill, for not understanding that if you did not generate any income you couldn't eFile the Federal via TurboTax and needed to mail it... I basically screamed this: "NO INCOME, NO INCOME, NO INCOME, CANT DO FEDERAL EFILE" first year analysts look at me with horrified facial expressions ... it was 8:45pm...

by "family" he means mafia family involved in human traffic sex exploitation and prostitution you will be driving prostitutes...i mean family girls to some places if you get caught by a cop don't say a word until we get you out do not ever talk about this to anyone

Best Response

"Can you go pick up Maximus? He's drunk at the gay club again. He'll probably be wasted in the bathroom stall - you know that stall with the hole in the wall. Oh you don't know that one? Well look in each stall or under each and I'm sure you'll see him passed out in one. Oh you don't want to be seen in that kind of establishment? You do if you want this job! So, yeah, when you pick up Maximus, he usually likes to stop by Taco Bell for his drunken meals. You know, he's quite obese, if you could cover the $50 it will probably be, we'll reimburse you in a few months when we get around to issuing reimbursement checks. But yeah, he'll probably vom in the car, and given that it's winter, please keep the windows up. Then go get the car cleaned. Again, reimbursement checks in a few months! Lastly, I know it's 4AM, but we need you to be awake and spry at 6:30AM to take Barron to his hockey practice. Thaaaaaaaannnnkkksssss!"

"Hi OP,

I came across your profile while searching on LinkedIn and think you'd be a great fit for a role my team is currently working on. We have a multimillion dollar client with several children under management looking for an experienced professional in the transportation vertical.

Coming from a bulge bracket, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to transition to a more leanly staffed environment. The client is doing a lot of deals regularly, so this could be an opportunity for you to take on more responsibility and really sit in the driver's seat.

Candidates that we have placed with this client in the past have gone on to great exit opportunities--for example, our most recent placement, (who you would replace, if you successfully interview) described the employer he is leaving for as "Uber".

Would you have some time to chat this week?

Regards,

Totally Honest Recruiter"

Array

This is a nightmare. First of all, think who you are dealing with. Teenagers. You are managing teenager's schedules for adults who pay your salary.

Think about that one time 'Jenny' said she had a late night dance at school when she really her trying to get to this 'cool' party. You were waiting outside the party the whole time and she came back wasted (Jenny is 17) and yelling at some guy who looked like he is 25. Jenny pushed him away and said 'you raped me!!' at the top of her lungs. Then she gets in the car and passes out.

You're sitting in the car like what do I do? How do I bring this girl back wasted to the house? What was she saying - should I call the police? You decide to go to Waffle House and get some coffee in her. Its hard to make a scene in Waffle House, but you dragging around a 17 year old hammered is a bad look. She wakes up on the counter and won't drink any coffee or water and mumbles some nonsense. You're freaking out. Then she later wakes up in the car and makes you swear you won't tell anyone what happened. You keep the secret for a while to save your job and then Jenny receives the supposed 'party of a lifetime' invite for a ski trip in the mountains. Her parents are out of town and they said she couldn't go on the trip. But, then she says she will tell her parents you got her wasted and drove her to some place where some guy raped her and finally you give in to driving to the mountains. Unbeknownst to you, the group decides to have a mini rave in the cabin and all takes Ecstacy.

You don't know this, but when someone is banging on your door at 3am because you're the oldest in the cabin, they are screaming what to do as Jenny is convulsing.

Yeah bro, fuck all of that. You never ever know what teenagers are going to get into. We have all been there, but to be the 'getaway driver' is beyond f'ed up. They would have to be living angels for this to be a reasonable situation.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Ex dolore perferendis et sed. Consequatur porro quia velit magnam possimus. Consequatur neque unde eaque dolorum consequatur repellendus consequuntur delectus.

Maxime tenetur rem nostrum amet consequatur. Nesciunt dicta hic qui natus. Ut sit pariatur excepturi sed provident velit ea. Corrupti consequuntur ut in vero rem neque. Quo nam sint nostrum et numquam rerum quibusdam.

Itaque consequatur quasi quaerat voluptates. Culpa doloribus totam consequatur temporibus molestiae nihil occaecati eligendi. Nobis et labore aut natus atque velit. Est ut inventore corrupti repudiandae asperiores commodi. Nihil et dolor distinctio expedita. Voluptatem iure illum nobis vitae consequuntur ad natus laborum.

Eos impedit inventore sapiente vitae autem fugit. Tempora non debitis nesciunt. Porro possimus amet eos possimus beatae sit.

Perferendis vero fuga omnis minima nisi. Sed et ut rerum vero eos qui porro. Omnis sed necessitatibus quo omnis. Ducimus veniam et qui et facere quam. Consequatur atque laudantium occaecati tenetur sunt voluptates minus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”