Good Side Hustles? - 2021

I know there have been a few posts in the past few years that have talked about side hustles but wanted to see if anyone has created a successful side hustle in recent times? (Please don't suggest uber/delivery services or drop shipping / reselling amazon products)

Since the start of the pandemic, I'm curious to see if anyone has come up with any clever ideas that have worked maybe locally. I'm a commercial real estate analyst barely covering my expenses in NY/SF/LA and would like to see what I could do to make extra money on the side, whether its at night or on weekends. 

3 Comments
 
Most Helpful

If you can do tutoring that would be a good idea. I know you say don't resell items on amazon, but you could technically buy products in Latin America and create your own brand on Amazon. The value of the dollar relative to currency in latin America has increased due to the pandemic, so doing that would provide an even greater net profit whether it be creating your own website or selling on Amazon. Service business are prob the best though bc you don't have to pay for an actual object. I saw online once that someone created some window cleaning business in California and was paying 2 Mexicans 100 bucks a day and he was taking home 300,000k a year. I guess find something you are passionate about - whether it be teaching philosophy or economics, or a specific service that you think would make a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if you find something you're passionate about and end up making more money in your side hustle than your actual job. 

 

Dolore nisi est fugiat odio quisquam ut et commodi. Et aperiam fuga est veritatis repellat. Non aspernatur a est sit qui aut nemo. Earum nobis ut saepe laborum sint quos ut. Fugiat porro laboriosam itaque veniam.

Consequuntur blanditiis ut est inventore animi numquam. Corporis ea omnis sint cum a vitae. Quam eius laborum velit et. Neque necessitatibus fugiat fuga veritatis sint voluptatem omnis.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”