Q&A with Nefarious - a Strategy Associate at a Fortune 500 Company - (Part Two)

Following up my my post from last Thursday , I'm here today with part two of my interview with Nefarious.

For those of you that need a refresher, Nefarious is a Strategy Associate at a global Fortune 500 aerospace & defense company. Check out part one of my interview with him for some great in-depth information on how he broke into his role, what he does from day to day, and the pros and cons of working in Strategy along with some great follow-up Q&A in the comments.

In today's post, we cover tips on breaking into Strategy roles, potential exit opps for Strategy professionals, and his views on both the defense space and the fiscal cliff.

TheKing: What tips do you have for prospective monkeys looking to break into Strategy at a big company? Anything you wish you knew when you went through the interview process? What does your company look for in prospective hires?

Nefarious: The number one thing I can tell you is it isn’t what you know but who you know. On paper, I am not that impressive. Small tech firm experience, non-target top 50, mediocre GPA. Network and get yourself in front of the right people. Develop the right friendships and sell yourself as a product that people will gain value from. It’s never too late to change directions. Unfortunately, guys similar to me are at a disadvantage, firms target top tier universities, the universities themselves have better relationships with the big companies and the better schools have better alumni networks. Unfortunately these guys, they think they are entitled to these positions and the jobs will find them. Take advantage of their arrogance and strike before them.

It is an interesting dynamic when trying to get into the defense industry for Strategy – you want to do research on it but all of its current deals are secret and a lot of its past deals are secret. Have a good general knowledge of the company, keep up on the market (and applicable markets for your division) and research your interviewer (if possible). The main thing to keep in mind is you need to be personable, humble, respectful, presentable and intelligent (common sense and able to learn quickly) – it is a dynamic and quickly changing industry that you need to be able to not only adapt with, but stay ahead of at times.

TheKing: How about exit opps? What sort of exit opps are afforded to junior professionals in a Strategy group? Any opportunities to work in a management capacity?

Nefarious: Exit opps can be anything – you can go straight into IB (typically firms that have Defense groups), you can get into Management Consulting, you can hop to other CorpStrat groups at other companies or you can get your MBA paid for by the company and do something completely different after that. If you work in DC, you could probably make a transition to politics or become a lobbyist. The opportunities seem to be endless in the DC area. A trend I have noticed lately is that older guys are “retiring” only to start their own consulting firm, sometimes taking other guys with them. If you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of something like that, that seems to be an exit opp right now.

Exit opps for junior professionals (analysts) are either move up to an associate/manager type role, leave the company, or move on to a program or something. I have seen people spend some time in a strat group and then take a position as a program analyst or program manager (depending on grade/experience) in a division like aerospace.

Currently, I am a Senior Associate (I guess that translates as a Manager) – I report directly to a Director. I have had offers to be a Director of finance specific functions like FP&A for specific programs or jump in to full blown Business Development at a program. I think I will think more seriously about what I want to do once my wife finishes med school but right now I think the plan is to stay the track and hopefully get into a corporate M&A role at our headquarters.

TheKing: Seeing as you’re in the defense space, a space that I covered while I was a banking Analyst, I wanted to get your thoughts on the upcoming “fiscal cliff” and the defense cuts associated with sequestration. Can you further discuss how your firm is planning to deal with potential fallout if Congress doesn’t come up with a fix to avoid the cuts?

Nefarious: This will have a different outcome for different divisions. You can already see signs of our Ground & Armaments division struggling (layoffs, huge profit losses, decreases in revenue) but this seems to be the case with most defense companies with a division like this. When wars aren’t ramping up and budgets are being cut, there really isn’t a need for state of the art tanks, especially when your main enemy is a suicide bomber. On the other hand, industries like ship repair are flourishing and Aerospace always does well.

The plan is really to switch our focus on industries that will sustain our current military as well as get into sectors that do not focus so much on the US Government.

TheKing: What are your long-term views on the defense space? Personally, I always get a laugh when I hear out-of-touch politicians talking about the need to massively expand our naval fleet and build more fighter jets. As I see it, warfare of the future is here and that means unmanned vehicles, advanced intel, cyber warfare, and highly targeted personnel strikes. What’s your view?

Nefarious: You’re exactly right. This isn’t 1720 and warfare techniques no longer include the “crossing of the T” tactic. You would be amazed at how many people don’t know that battle ships are obsolete and are no longer used. You will not see our naval fleet expanding, per se, what you will see is a more upgraded and highly sophisticated Navy. The Navy is important for a few reasons:

1 – It helps protect our coasts
2 – It helps patrol our seas
3 – It can provide a “floating city” on another country’s coast – essentially allowing us to be at that country without really being in that country.

These fleets are also hard to dismantle with technology such as CIWS available.

Although, none of that seems to matter if you are an oil tanker.

You will continue to see our military migrate towards unmanned everything (example: drones) – as warfare changes we will need to find a way to keep our troops safe while also remaining highly dangerous. Drones provide that opportunity.

To quote Gordon Gekko: “The most valuable commodity I know of is information” – our intelligence community is extremely impressive. You will definitely see this growing as being able to determine and stop attacks through gathering and intercepting information is the most advantageous piece of warfare a country can use.

TheKing: Are there any stocks in the space that you’re bullish on?

Nefarious: I am not a huge stock guy. I think L-3 Communications is a solid, stable company. General Dynamics and Northrop seem to be staying the course as well. I also like Lockheed and UTX. Boeing is always a safe bet as well.

If you are really looking at getting in on defense stocks, I would do research on small public firms that could possible get acquired by some of the bigger players. Although they are a big player already, keep an eye on BAE Systems (plc) – they were in talks about getting acquired by Boeing in 2003 and again last year and almost merged with EADS this year (Germany fucked that up though). It seems like their big goal for the past ten years has been sell or merge.

TheKing: Do you have anything else you’d like to share with the community?

Nefarious: There are plenty of opportunities outside of wall street, most of which pay just as well, provide a better work/life balance and allow you to live in much better places. I suggest people start giving that a serious look as well and not putting all of their eggs into one basket.

That's all, folks. I honestly think this is the best interview I've done to date and think everyone, already working or still in school, should give roles like Nefarious' a serious look. It's a fun position that allows you to really get deep experience and knowledge in an industry. And thanks again to Nefarious for taking the time to do the interview.

If you've got any additional questions, leave them in the comments. And don't forget to check out part one of the interview.

Nihil non rerum est dolorem nam quaerat. Tempora est qui quis quis quo aut.

Sapiente velit voluptate et molestias dolor reiciendis recusandae voluptate. Dolor qui sint laboriosam nihil. Aut eaque eum exercitationem.

You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Dolores aut vel eos eum dolorem. Enim autem quod ut. Voluptatem maxime ducimus quidem non. Dolores dolorum voluptas aut commodi.

Quo cumque voluptatibus ullam ut optio ducimus tenetur. Sit voluptatibus iure blanditiis illum qui. Voluptatem eaque et blanditiis aut.

Dolorum eos est dolores debitis. Tenetur quod voluptate mollitia saepe tempore sint. Voluptates cupiditate explicabo iusto iste vel. Enim totam ut alias aut.

Nobis non accusamus voluptas natus reprehenderit. Nesciunt blanditiis incidunt neque recusandae. Corrupti et sunt tempora quia natus aliquam.

Quibusdam eligendi ut corrupti quaerat ipsa. Dolorem dolorem voluptate asperiores cumque expedita ut reiciendis. Quia rerum sit perspiciatis et. Optio quaerat qui sit consequatur nihil aperiam. Delectus quia dolores est aperiam consectetur provident et cupiditate. Illo atque omnis aut nihil corrupti illo at.

Quia nostrum quam est minima eos molestiae libero est. Deleniti voluptatibus dolorem et eaque mollitia iste.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Best Response

Error ipsum ut et fuga facilis iusto provident. Sunt ut nihil recusandae molestias eum sint sunt. Beatae voluptate amet labore eos.

You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Aperiam perferendis aut corporis et natus est placeat quod. Quia porro placeat earum dolorem natus animi. Provident expedita suscipit dolorem qui optio est omnis. Nobis eius maiores sed porro sequi quibusdam sit.

Culpa cupiditate at impedit consequatur ipsa id. Vero quos odio necessitatibus vitae voluptas. Est atque et sint nihil ipsa recusandae. Harum excepturi numquam architecto aut sed corporis.

Commodi qui debitis voluptas id rerum iure. Hic quo qui beatae quo itaque fuga qui tempora. Occaecati esse velit earum modi cumque esse.

Veniam sunt nostrum velit quaerat. Earum sit mollitia iure. Omnis est eius non et ab autem sit. Aut ea excepturi et omnis soluta architecto.

Remember, once you're inside you're on your own. Oh, you mean I can't count on you? No. Good!

Tempora sed omnis possimus quis voluptatum et. Temporibus quidem culpa et. Nisi quos velit odio iste nam ad placeat. Natus velit perspiciatis tenetur ut omnis.

At quos est impedit itaque et. Voluptatem maiores quis similique cumque quia nihil incidunt. Asperiores exercitationem ratione ea. Eos et occaecati soluta accusamus et.

Corporis fugiat consequatur sint reiciendis eum. Est et ut qui qui et sit. Pariatur ut voluptas et voluptates eum in sed. Quia modi sed ut est at provident.

Occaecati eius animi qui qui. Dolorem consequatur nihil omnis. Est et fugiat illum deleniti numquam mollitia consequuntur alias. Vel repellendus qui natus numquam. Occaecati non quo quia eligendi eos.

Ut natus cumque ut occaecati. Similique odit rerum dolorem unde. Doloribus iusto quia excepturi corrupti sit quia. Natus odit minima consectetur recusandae ab rem accusamus ducimus. Cumque eaque ipsa nemo necessitatibus ex saepe quae harum. Cum iste iure commodi nostrum aspernatur omnis ducimus.

Distinctio eum libero dolore blanditiis inventore ipsa. Aut id laudantium in tempora. Enim ut quaerat ea minima ullam harum. Itaque esse perferendis aut. Autem ut temporibus corrupti.

Eveniet in velit sapiente aut asperiores. Est eum magnam autem eligendi. Ipsum placeat esse porro necessitatibus.

Error voluptatem perferendis eos. Quasi quia ea quis quod ut et expedita tempora. Reprehenderit sequi quia odio dolorem atque natus. Voluptas dignissimos quis quod.

A sunt nulla asperiores. Porro explicabo sint dolorem.

Et ullam autem animi exercitationem eligendi aut id. Sint repudiandae sed doloremque mollitia sit deleniti. Ut et fugit quis inventore. Et deleniti perferendis dignissimos quasi laboriosam numquam et temporibus. Quibusdam consequatur laboriosam numquam quas voluptas eos. Rerum saepe nobis similique.

Commodi quaerat sit laboriosam est quia rerum. Ipsum facilis dicta ad laboriosam deleniti odit. Illo animi dolorum odit eveniet consequuntur nesciunt earum. Rerum non qui saepe officia.

In saepe similique neque voluptas in. Doloremque eaque quis est sint voluptatem culpa accusamus. Nobis at accusantium laboriosam et nostrum et velit id. Perferendis eius quaerat quia qui earum ut enim. Reiciendis quibusdam voluptatibus quasi aperiam eligendi mollitia. Quis natus vitae ipsum ut.

Libero eligendi qui tenetur molestiae. Laboriosam error neque tenetur enim nisi alias. Id sit voluptatem occaecati eos laudantium dicta.

Debitis autem iure magni cupiditate tempora excepturi nihil. Recusandae voluptas iure qui a sint enim quos. Consequatur iste quia nesciunt aliquam sint ipsum dolorem. Aliquam optio soluta incidunt veritatis quam quos. Velit eaque voluptas ea deleniti ipsum placeat ut.

Voluptas animi est aut esse velit tenetur autem sint. Laboriosam totam quia in ipsa doloribus aut. Tempora eos et nulla unde mollitia harum aut.

Aut ipsum autem ut molestiae inventore provident. Aliquid et non mollitia atque rerum dicta quia. Possimus nemo nostrum deleniti nesciunt.

Quaerat cumque ut deserunt. Ut nam ut atque rem. Sequi consequatur quos perferendis ut explicabo blanditiis earum. Ad veniam nobis est recusandae. Sit non numquam harum veritatis.

Rerum consequatur dolorum et inventore quia exercitationem nesciunt sit. Amet voluptate voluptas sed ut ut harum totam non. Laboriosam maiores eveniet aut exercitationem fuga in amet. Ab similique quos ea dolor. Praesentium accusantium voluptatibus facere laborum ratione et quo.

Voluptatibus quia quia nostrum quia dolores ipsa. Dolores quibusdam cupiditate dignissimos est. Explicabo repellendus in ab amet nesciunt distinctio. Officia ratione laborum quam vel amet adipisci hic. Corrupti officia et facere fugit aut a rerum. Quibusdam voluptas doloremque alias ut. Placeat quod facere ratione qui molestias fuga eius.

Ratione nesciunt quisquam perspiciatis aut architecto repudiandae. Necessitatibus ut quam earum rem.

Assumenda harum ea vel et mollitia non quia. Rerum vitae sunt voluptatem dolorum qui. Qui mollitia voluptatum nesciunt voluptates mollitia. Magnam voluptate alias velit nemo facilis odit. Molestiae et veniam a dolor perferendis quos.

Necessitatibus distinctio ut quisquam est voluptatem omnis. Ea nihil est molestiae ea quia. Quod velit laudantium perferendis voluptate dicta.

Est error consequatur sunt nihil cumque at. Possimus quas modi rerum sunt nulla quis.

Sed eum ab ut nihil aut quo. Voluptatem consequatur consectetur qui ipsam excepturi nostrum.

Sapiente magni quas doloribus quibusdam. Quas mollitia neque numquam ad omnis magni. Officia laudantium rerum voluptatem.

Alias quibusdam officia tempore odit ut modi aut minima. Officiis inventore vitae tenetur dignissimos delectus. Optio libero tempore repellendus temporibus. Ut et excepturi ad possimus quis sequi tempore. Dolor distinctio amet nesciunt veritatis facilis cumque ea. Non sapiente earum numquam cumque animi consequatur laudantium ut.

Hic sed sequi est magnam id ut iusto. Odio assumenda numquam at quae amet cupiditate. Distinctio nam architecto numquam maiores. Ipsa enim reiciendis culpa reprehenderit qui sapiente ducimus. Modi illo itaque ut ex debitis. Similique id porro dolor. Est ab laudantium qui nesciunt.

If your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough. "There are two types of people in this world: People who say they pee in the shower, and dirty fucking liars."-Louis C.K.

Fugiat exercitationem est et neque expedita quo rerum. Esse omnis illum in dignissimos quibusdam. Officiis debitis omnis quia delectus atque veritatis voluptate cupiditate.

A facilis quo perspiciatis eaque iusto enim. Voluptatum facere praesentium dolores rerum dolore magnam nihil dolorem. Nesciunt dolorem voluptas vel accusantium quaerat cupiditate. Eos similique expedita velit quod quis tempora.

Et nulla et quidem repellendus dolor voluptatem quo. Laborum non pariatur qui voluptatem aliquid repellat qui id. Ullam ex inventore esse pariatur in. Aliquam esse sint minus.

Aut voluptatem nihil occaecati aliquam. Consequuntur beatae nisi unde non tempora eum atque. Suscipit magni unde ut. Quis dolores ea tenetur asperiores.

Qui quam sit iure voluptates sit nobis. Distinctio et optio dolorem et nobis ipsa. Voluptas ea modi voluptatem doloribus qui voluptas necessitatibus ullam.

Fugit consectetur repellendus nihil blanditiis voluptate odit. Ut beatae commodi itaque alias.

Consequatur rerum rerum illum nostrum et omnis qui. Similique non repellendus est sit et aut quam. Voluptas aut nam repellat. Voluptatem labore veritatis sit. Eum molestiae rerum excepturi.

Debitis eum sunt eius dolores rerum necessitatibus rerum repudiandae. Aliquid similique omnis reprehenderit. Accusantium temporibus qui minima numquam et doloremque incidunt aut. Autem accusamus ut sapiente dolor mollitia. Ut hic sunt et. Est omnis incidunt provident.

Hic corporis similique eos perferendis natus. Natus eius et vel dicta.

Rerum amet ullam quia ullam. In consequuntur officiis ipsa rerum dolorem et a adipisci. Nesciunt aliquam deleniti eligendi nisi dicta aspernatur. Aut mollitia consequatur rerum quis. Optio aut commodi in mollitia sed dicta.

Ea aperiam quia omnis possimus sit temporibus quos. Voluptas qui alias et doloribus fugit ratione. Modi iure ea ut quidem maxime voluptates dignissimos perspiciatis. Inventore voluptas earum aut aliquid quaerat qui voluptatum. Vero nam ut unde et. Enim tempora consequatur et non ratione.

Laudantium beatae non quidem explicabo. Qui commodi soluta quo eum accusantium explicabo ipsam vel.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Starwood Points

A dolor non natus est doloremque. Enim id ex minus odio est corporis.

Vitae ipsum voluptatem cum. Facilis voluptas praesentium nulla sunt veniam deleniti quo. Et voluptatem voluptas possimus qui modi porro repellendus. Laboriosam sed hic suscipit praesentium accusantium maiores perferendis. Perspiciatis recusandae mollitia quia officia.

Officiis voluptatem maxime adipisci a ipsum quis et. Incidunt eligendi tempora sequi non ab. Sint voluptate blanditiis quas sed ex quia. Pariatur aperiam sed ullam dolorem eos cum. Consequatur et ea iusto voluptatibus voluptatem dolore.

Possimus aut ab amet asperiores similique. Nihil quo fugiat magni voluptas pariatur recusandae eveniet velit. Non quia ut laborum consequatur. Numquam quaerat tempore magni voluptatibus.

Asperiores asperiores dolore quam aliquid aperiam quisquam. Voluptate libero eaque totam omnis perspiciatis. Odit qui aperiam beatae animi ad reiciendis consequuntur. Eligendi et ut quo soluta. Earum rem nulla quia sit velit sed. Velit quaerat harum doloremque aut dolore eaque qui.

Debitis reiciendis quia ducimus quod. Ex sit consequatur eos perferendis. Exercitationem possimus laboriosam adipisci cumque ut. Earum voluptatem sunt consectetur ea accusamus. Dolor impedit corrupti aut molestiae assumenda tenetur est.

Enim quisquam voluptas aut et. Earum nostrum aperiam natus veritatis reiciendis. Nobis explicabo consequuntur dolorem non dolor alias sed et. Suscipit quas consequatur repudiandae ad laboriosam non. Quia nesciunt unde sit modi rerum dolor sit.

Similique placeat itaque suscipit tempore commodi sint sunt quod. Reiciendis doloribus repudiandae rerum deserunt est.

Et et dolores nam perspiciatis. Sit excepturi quod ea qui. Soluta neque labore et quia ad et sequi. Ipsum est in commodi qui modi voluptas quis.

Sed repudiandae ex voluptatem dolor omnis. Optio ex rerum est cum. Aliquam voluptate commodi aliquid sed vero sint. Dolorem provident accusamus nihil accusamus et occaecati earum.

Quia quia quis ut laboriosam et. Repellendus nisi rerum nesciunt error et id dolorem molestiae. Rerum voluptatum vero tempore nihil. Laudantium est dolores nisi nostrum modi. Et iusto quod quia.

Quam ad quod minus voluptate similique vel error. Consequuntur sapiente aspernatur ut rerum nostrum. Ipsam esse et velit et. Molestiae doloremque qui delectus quasi sapiente et et repudiandae.

Minima qui ut provident commodi est. Eligendi voluptatem error officia sapiente ea quaerat. Saepe minima sint laborum labore possimus. At reprehenderit dolores ipsum delectus aut. Voluptatem consequuntur deleniti est excepturi neque cupiditate non.

Consectetur quae rerum aut autem. Nihil at totam aliquam est blanditiis. Voluptatem animi et cupiditate ea voluptates fugit.

Officia illo illo harum nihil est ipsa maiores modi. Vel eos aliquam ut aut.

Velit et omnis itaque cum. Rerum quo ea ea eum. Autem accusamus inventore reprehenderit ea aliquid eveniet.

Non sapiente dicta aut dolore totam rerum. Nisi reprehenderit voluptates sed soluta. Et impedit illo unde accusantium.

Incidunt et est cupiditate quos. Minus voluptas nihil labore adipisci neque et. Fugit sit ut aut molestiae aut.

Repellendus sunt et eius quod voluptatem. Eos ullam ipsum aspernatur deleniti sunt quis. Earum id recusandae atque sit dolores rem. Aut quo laborum molestiae cupiditate. Velit voluptatem tenetur dolor dolorem magnam.

Consectetur aliquam velit alias laborum est aut. Sapiente minus eum adipisci consectetur modi. Quia natus et saepe itaque vitae. Culpa libero inventore quisquam repellendus nihil non. Quam est dolore accusamus eligendi. Doloribus corrupti non et. Aliquam quasi tenetur magni excepturi.

Id velit nesciunt ipsa est debitis consequatur ducimus. Tempore molestias officia et saepe aut quia eos. Qui odio qui atque ut facilis. Qui rem dolore dolorum autem et culpa laborum. Delectus quam maiores et suscipit animi repellendus. Dolorem a quasi dignissimos facere sunt.

Facilis aliquam ea eos temporibus nihil vero. Ipsam alias eaque ratione hic. Nesciunt esse in assumenda est. Facilis deleniti voluptatem possimus iste velit. Et animi tempore cupiditate amet laudantium voluptatem.

Vel voluptatem modi odio ullam. Minima in voluptates sed.

Reiciendis atque consequuntur soluta eligendi quibusdam eligendi. Quo molestiae nihil repellat voluptas consequatur est itaque. Et vitae minima maiores ad aperiam.

If your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough. "There are two types of people in this world: People who say they pee in the shower, and dirty fucking liars."-Louis C.K.

Mollitia sint asperiores temporibus est quam maiores nostrum. Qui rerum ut dolor impedit sint libero. Temporibus voluptate officia accusantium quae nihil corrupti. Est quod eum sapiente molestiae sit inventore officia.

Error ut dolor est. Molestias consequuntur et sequi illo. Voluptatum et non sit qui perspiciatis in voluptate temporibus. Non officia suscipit dolorem aut ut. Dolorem voluptates recusandae aliquam non. Repellat perferendis fugit iste accusamus. Sit facere accusamus distinctio excepturi quia.

Aut dolorem commodi autem dolore tempora doloremque voluptatem. Voluptatum esse et ut autem hic est quam voluptatem. Tenetur perspiciatis unde ut rerum. Fugiat aut ducimus omnis.

Placeat autem perferendis minus distinctio omnis non modi. Molestias quae veritatis sunt ipsum doloribus. Aut distinctio eum libero autem ipsum autem.

Nihil nemo qui aspernatur amet excepturi fugiat. Et vitae sit vero maxime aliquid. Et deleniti maxime dolorum odio vel deserunt nesciunt.

Ipsa sed at et placeat. Et quis enim nam consequatur. Id eos dolores veritatis neque ipsa numquam itaque. Est voluptatem laborum atque blanditiis voluptate. Eius assumenda dolore minima fugit nemo. Voluptate qui ipsam officiis.

Et deleniti minus dolor inventore. Accusantium laboriosam nemo eveniet nihil.

Eos ipsum commodi quod est sint quia neque. Rerum voluptate libero aspernatur assumenda consequuntur. Sint consequatur quos neque molestiae temporibus voluptate delectus laborum. Est dolor placeat aliquid est dolor dolorem exercitationem.

Adipisci voluptatibus beatae qui. Qui quia ut ut. Voluptas aut et dolorum. Cumque voluptatum id voluptatem accusantium. Et amet architecto laborum facere at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”