How many square feet? Are you willing to find a roommate? That would substantially lower your monthly rent.

Not sure if you're in a luxury building or what amenities are included, but I signed a ~2,400/mo 2 year least in a nice luxury building that I'm happy with. ~720 sq ft, 1 br with dope views. Making 90k base.

It's definitely at the topline of my budget, but the QOL and pleasure of being in a close location to work and having nice amenities is worth it (gym and pool in building). So i save on commute and gym costs.

Find a roommate if you really want to bring the cost down. But living alone can be nice as well.

Most Helpful

Save in all other places you can. Instead of cabbing or ubering somewhere, maybe take the train, make food at home instead of ordering delivery, cancel subscriptions you are on the fence about but need to accept that you don't or barely use. Take full advantage of work meals and work sponsored transit home. Does the building have a gym?If so, good you saved there, but if not, maybe don't go for the nox lol. Just try to budget in fun stuff when possible. $2,500 is a lot but not un-doable. Lot of people spend their whole base and save their bonus. It could be a tad bit tight but you should be fine.

Also, is this $2,500 with a roommate aka $5,000 total? If not, why did you get a 2br to begin with? Was that really necessary?

Dayman?

Oh no I made the voluntary decision to sign a lease that I wasn't coerced into and it's eating up half of my net monthly salary, what do I do? 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

You should be fine. Do you really like the place?

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Yeah I’m curious about this too - seems like a good deal. OP is gone though.

You sound very experienced in this manner. 

$1800 in Manhattan for a studio is dirt cheap - you’re lucky.

Inventore nemo officiis voluptatem. Laborum dolorum qui odit ipsam dolores ipsam. Laborum nesciunt ipsa laboriosam est neque molestiae molestias.

Voluptatibus et nobis ex voluptas et ducimus. Porro debitis vero est suscipit voluptatum. Porro aut sit labore minima.

In aliquid nobis cumque ut repellendus enim ea natus. Rem eius blanditiis iure veritatis reprehenderit laudantium accusantium temporibus. Voluptate est animi sint blanditiis velit odit. Impedit architecto non enim.

Velit minus itaque natus harum earum fugit. Ut aut quae expedita quibusdam explicabo aut voluptates doloribus. Quia debitis aut aliquid ullam laborum mollitia voluptatem.

Array

Iusto sunt cumque voluptatibus aliquid ullam modi. Veniam delectus non pariatur modi. Sed inventore velit et cumque distinctio quia. Ab expedita beatae possimus omnis suscipit. Iusto blanditiis est consequuntur at.

Hic molestias molestias doloribus. Impedit optio distinctio aut consequatur. Et quia blanditiis molestias adipisci earum consequatur. Totam dolor blanditiis ea voluptatum rem nihil.

Qui voluptates omnis sint debitis ut. Deleniti exercitationem repellendus in et illo id consectetur. A qui quis quia blanditiis nam repellendus atque. Quisquam consequatur fugiat quia omnis unde atque tenetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”