WSO Conference 2012: New Venue!

To accommodate the rapid ticket sales and give you guys a more professional atmosphere we have booked a bigger venue: The Gold Ballroom at The Hotel Pennsylvania

More announcements coming in the next few weeks but get in now while there are still some discounted tickets left: http://wsoconference.eventbrite.com/

Click here to reserve your spot!

Space is limited.

Also, to make the trip a bit more affordable, we negotiated a group rate with the hotel (details on how to get this rate coming soon):

$149.00 for one bed and $169.00 for two beds plus applicable taxes of (14.75% + $3.50) per night. (this is dirt cheap for a weekend night in Manhattan).

Also, don't forget, all attendees get 3 free months to the WSO job board ($40 value) and a free WSO T-shirt ($4,000 value). More perks for attendees will be announced over the coming months!

Thanks guys!
Patrick

happypantsmcgee:
Mark Zuckerberg and his boys must have done the valuation on your T-Shirts.
I actually think the t-shirts are pretty cool. I wear mine every now and then.
CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

CompBanker:
happypantsmcgee:
Mark Zuckerberg and his boys must have done the valuation on your T-Shirts.
I actually think the t-shirts are pretty cool. I wear mine every now and then.
I wear mine to the gym once a week but that doesn't make the 4k price tag any less Zuckerbergesque.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Lotin:
Anyone from the Boston area going?
I'm going. Probably going to just take one of the buses over.
Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)

chicandtoughness:
Lotin:

great - look forward to finally meeting in person...although we do have to get that Boston Happy hour set up, especially now that we have an Events page (upper right corner)-- still needs some work but it's fucntional.

Oh, and we're about to make some big announcements of speakers / panelists confirmed, so I'd get your tix now. Space limited :-)

http://wsoconference.eventbrite.com/

Talk soon! Patrick

Best Response
Lotin:
chicandtoughness:
Lotin:

Cool, I'll probably take the greyhound there.

I'm probably buying my ticket last minute, I want to get a feel for my internship first and see if they'll need me in on the weekends.

just a warning, we are about to make some announcements on speakers so you will likely not get a chance to buy last minute, or if you do they will be close to 3x the price.

Either way, i respect that you don't know how demanding the hours are, but if you can get time of on an internship, I would think midday Saturday would be easiest.

WallStreetOasis.com:
Abdel:
Patrick, the $149.00 per night is applicable for the how many days?

i think we will have rooms available for Fri/Sat and Sunday night....will let you know asap.

Perfect.

My concern is similar to Lotin's.

I'm not sure how useful it would be to mingle around all you professionals. When I go to info sessions on campus, it's different because most people there are former interns who are around the same age group as me. They were literally just in my shoes and know what I'm going through. This conference sounds like it's going to be mostly full time employees. I just don't want anyone to go like "wtf is this little immature kid doing here".

That being said, I'm still seriously considering going. I'm a rising junior at a target, but I think this conference would further expand my network in addition to OCR.

WallStreetOasis.com:
Sean518:
Is the three months of Job Board access applicable the date we purchase the tickets or after the conference?

Sean, once you purchase you can request access immediately or you can wait until later in the summer or Fall once recruiting heats up.

We leave that up to you.

Sounds good. I didn't even think to take advantage of the offer during recruiting season which is what I'll probably end up doing.

Anyone interested in splitting a hotel room? I'm a total cheapass of a college student.

Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)

Is there anything happening the night before the conference? Some people mentioned an after party, and if that's still happening, great! But what about Friday night? Like a pre-conference celebration? Haha It'd be nice to have something organized & have more time to hang out with everyone.

Moni:
Is there anything happening the night before the conference? Some people mentioned an after party, and if that's still happening, great! But what about Friday night? Like a pre-conference celebration? Haha It'd be nice to have something organized & have more time to hang out with everyone.
I'm totally up for something the night before.

Moni:

we will likely have an informal happy hour the night before somewhere close by (like galway hooker) to welcome those that arrive into town on Friday night.

Sed inventore aliquid sit voluptas dolor ut quisquam. Sed vel cupiditate et. Doloremque vitae ipsum accusantium ut a neque voluptatum.

Quo alias placeat voluptatem perferendis dolor aspernatur. Dolores iste minima fugiat excepturi vero voluptatem. Odit occaecati inventore et impedit. Quia dolorum asperiores quia sed sed. Nam eos laboriosam magnam autem eaque molestiae. Non eius at expedita tempora. Ut officia voluptatibus nesciunt nihil fugiat inventore.

Esse quia sunt enim culpa provident similique ipsa magni. Voluptatem quis vitae reprehenderit vero iste dignissimos. Quas deserunt pariatur sed omnis facilis laborum repellat.

Et magnam laudantium velit possimus eum sit. Perspiciatis rerum voluptates blanditiis inventore aut perferendis ut. Ea et non iusto. Ratione id in doloribus dolore repellat. Beatae fugiat non molestiae quaerat vitae reprehenderit deserunt aliquam. Quam voluptas excepturi qui laborum. Quis reprehenderit et rerum non quis.

Labore aut dolores doloremque laborum sit. Nemo dolores et rem magni. Voluptatem possimus reiciendis laudantium ut omnis ullam et dolorem.

Corporis quia velit blanditiis tenetur et at modi. Aspernatur consectetur autem laudantium rerum at velit error qui. Consectetur fugiat pariatur mollitia voluptatum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”