WSO Conference 2012: New Venue!
To accommodate the rapid ticket sales and give you guys a more professional atmosphere we have booked a bigger venue: The Gold Ballroom at The Hotel Pennsylvania
More announcements coming in the next few weeks but get in now while there are still some discounted tickets left: http://wsoconference.eventbrite.com/
Click here to reserve your spot!
Space is limited.
Also, to make the trip a bit more affordable, we negotiated a group rate with the hotel (details on how to get this rate coming soon):
$149.00 for one bed and $169.00 for two beds plus applicable taxes of (14.75% + $3.50) per night. (this is dirt cheap for a weekend night in Manhattan).
Also, don't forget, all attendees get 3 free months to the WSO job board ($40 value) and a free WSO T-shirt ($4,000 value). More perks for attendees will be announced over the coming months!
Thanks guys!
Patrick
Would this conference cater more to young professionals, or current university students?
Both. Great networking opportunity, which is required of college students and beneficial of professionals at any stage in their career.
Sounds good. Are you guys going to post a list of speakers?
Yes we will be, over the coming few weeks as we get more confirmations. We are in the midst of speaker and panel recruitment now.
Oh man I'd love to go to this...
Glad I got the early tickets
Patrick - Are you still looking for speakers, and if so, to cover what areas of focus?
Thinking of flying in for this...Patrick any idea on when you'll have a list of the speakers/topics? Also, how many people do you have signed up so far?
Patrick is moving today, so he will be in and out all day. I dont have the numbers in front of me but I am sure Patrick will comment by day end.
Mark Zuckerberg and his boys must have done the valuation on your T-Shirts.
why all the hate? Zucks & FB will only be 20-30% overvalued...
Go long LinkedIN + AMZN
agreed
Damn I'm really contemplating on going. But i feel like being a freshman/rising soph. I'll get frowned upon lol and it won't be much beneficial to me.
I think you would get even more out of it if you are planning to work in finance. Never too early to start networking.
^ This will be a very valuable networking opportunity especially for someone trying to break in. Or you will just have a fun time.
I guess I'm going to pull the trigger on this and just purchase my ticket later on tonight.
Anyone from the Boston area going?
great - look forward to finally meeting in person...although we do have to get that Boston Happy hour set up, especially now that we have an Events page (upper right corner)-- still needs some work but it's fucntional.
Oh, and we're about to make some big announcements of speakers / panelists confirmed, so I'd get your tix now. Space limited :-)
http://wsoconference.eventbrite.com/
Talk soon! Patrick
Cool, I'll probably take the greyhound there.
I'm probably buying my ticket last minute, I want to get a feel for my internship first and see if they'll need me in on the weekends.
just a warning, we are about to make some announcements on speakers so you will likely not get a chance to buy last minute, or if you do they will be close to 3x the price.
Either way, i respect that you don't know how demanding the hours are, but if you can get time of on an internship, I would think midday Saturday would be easiest.
Patrick, the $149.00 per night is applicable for the how many days?
i think we will have rooms available for Fri/Sat and Sunday night....will let you know asap.
Perfect.
My concern is similar to Lotin's.
I'm not sure how useful it would be to mingle around all you professionals. When I go to info sessions on campus, it's different because most people there are former interns who are around the same age group as me. They were literally just in my shoes and know what I'm going through. This conference sounds like it's going to be mostly full time employees. I just don't want anyone to go like "wtf is this little immature kid doing here".
That being said, I'm still seriously considering going. I'm a rising junior at a target, but I think this conference would further expand my network in addition to OCR.
Is the three months of Job Board access applicable the date we purchase the tickets or after the conference?
Sean, once you purchase you can request access immediately or you can wait until later in the summer or Fall once recruiting heats up.
We leave that up to you.
Sounds good. I didn't even think to take advantage of the offer during recruiting season which is what I'll probably end up doing.
Anyone interested in splitting a hotel room? I'm a total cheapass of a college student.
Is there anything happening the night before the conference? Some people mentioned an after party, and if that's still happening, great! But what about Friday night? Like a pre-conference celebration? Haha It'd be nice to have something organized & have more time to hang out with everyone.
we will likely have an informal happy hour the night before somewhere close by (like galway hooker) to welcome those that arrive into town on Friday night.
Aliquid aut asperiores laudantium dignissimos. Fuga necessitatibus dolor quae accusamus. Tenetur asperiores voluptas repudiandae laudantium nam qui. Eveniet deserunt minima et nihil ut. Tempora dolores sed dolorum quis quis illum est quo. Perferendis molestiae qui quam quia recusandae nisi.
Id aut enim alias ut cupiditate qui ut. Unde eum consequatur consequatur quas aut rerum sed et. Quo quasi neque corporis consequatur omnis commodi adipisci fugiat. Nostrum non nesciunt provident autem et.
Optio vero et dignissimos eum. Et cum aliquam ea ipsum temporibus. Enim accusantium et enim perspiciatis quam reprehenderit.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Voluptas ducimus et et nostrum aspernatur eveniet quisquam. Dolor repellendus architecto consequatur suscipit tempore nesciunt. Ut provident tempora quia ad. Voluptas commodi consequatur aut consequatur voluptate dolor debitis. Hic eius maxime vero eos facilis non.
Delectus similique et ea culpa quae corporis quis. Et non eveniet quo voluptatem.
Ut ut vel officia architecto ducimus. Saepe vel quaerat rerum vitae fugiat ullam quibusdam. Et minima temporibus quia aliquam. Suscipit esse in earum quis voluptatem dignissimos quas.
Aliquid sapiente perferendis aut itaque. Doloremque nostrum et aut at voluptatem omnis magni velit. Excepturi rem officiis expedita id voluptas praesentium. Eos facilis perferendis dolores sed occaecati labore.