Took the cognitive and think I managed to get 46 correct. Is this a good score?

Also wondering what style the interviews are expected to be. I've read there's a casing bent to it, in which case I'm screwed and can't be bothered to prep for since already busy with current SA.

I see. Not that I have an interview, but guess I'm screwed. No experience with casing.

So how are y'all prepping for the interview? (Haven't heard back for any rounds yet btw)

I understand the basic LBO questions - should I be prepping for the case portion of the interview? Any books to recommend? Thinking of going through the case in point book which seems heavily recommended. Would appreciate any insight since this case thing is new to me

Interviewed last year and didn’t get it. It’s a standard case, just like consulting interviews (incoming MBB now, so I can attest). Perhaps more thought on the “how do we make this bigger” aspect of the case. Mental math was fine, just lots of 0s. Brainstorming was hard because it’s so on-the-spot but practice and bit and that’ll also be fine.

I personally haven't ever cased so this is al new. I'm planning on just going through case in point - would this be enough to prep for the interview? are there supplementary materials i should look at to prep for the "how to make this bigger" aspect? and also the brainstorming aspect.

Qui laborum quidem blanditiis aut ea ut ipsum adipisci. Esse rerum molestiae tempora vel corrupti ea necessitatibus. Numquam laborum rerum tempora necessitatibus aut accusantium unde. Omnis dolorem molestiae mollitia eveniet autem itaque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (389) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (316) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”