PE to entrepreneurship, any feedback?
Hope you’re doing well. I wanted to post on WSO today as I have more and more thoughts about launching my own company one day. I was wondering if anyone heard good (or bad) stories about people leaving PE to do this, and any advice/opinion would be of course appreciated. I don’t necessarily want to launch something in the RE sector, even if it would help given knowledge accumulated over the past few years. My profile is the following:
- Currently associate at a MF within the real asset department (Real Estate/Infra)
- Have been involved on asset but also corporate deals, so not unfamiliar with company structures/ concepts
- Tired about working for the past 4/5 years for someone else fortune (given long hours, uncertainty to make it to partner track, etc. I would like to spend this time on my own project)
- Interested in new technologies but unfortunately have a business background so would need to find someone with tech background to help on the app/website/product building
- to be a good way to develop network, find a co-founder, brainstorm and clear my mind but this is quite expensive so not sure if it’s worth it
Thank you for your feedback.