2023 FT recruiting?

I have seen very few postings for undergrads looking for for FT jobs in RE. Do you guys suspect that this will continue to be the case or will things get better?

How should seniors go about recruiting right now? I feel like I have hit a wall and am not sure what to do.

Most Helpful

There's been a ton of threads about this topic in the last couple of months so I recommend you check those out. The summary consensus is this:

Deals aren't getting done currently and companies went through a lot of hiring of asset management last year as deals dried up. Because of all that, a lot of companies don't need acquisitions analysts now (until either debt gets cheaper or cap rates expand) and won't need more asset management until there are more assets to manage. The general consensus is that deals will still be slow for the first half of the year but should ramp up towards the fall/winter. I would suspect that some will start posting FT jobs towards the end of spring/summer to make sure they are prepared for the flood gates opening but more than likely it won't be "business as usual" until beginning of 2024. 

If I was a current college senior I would personally look at going back for a masters (if that's financially feasible) simply because it makes you more hirable and delays the need for a FT job for another year or 2. Plenty of others on here would certainly disagree, and that's completely fine, there are plenty of other good options. Graduating seniors could also look at a job in an associated field. For example, if you want to go into "REPE" you could look for entry level jobs at a bank in their CRE department, appraisal jobs, construction (more of the project management route and less so the actual laborer), etc..

No way around it, the past like 2 years hasn't been a great time to graduate college because of the unique circumstances. No one is going to pigeonhole a fresh 22/23 year old looking for a job in a recession into their first job. So that said, you can always transition into a RE role in a year or 2 when circumstances get better. 

Omnis sit minus reprehenderit iusto architecto nam. Velit id ex suscipit et consequatur. Et eum doloremque id ut dolorem. Perferendis perferendis beatae necessitatibus. Error quas earum sunt incidunt. Minima voluptate ut porro rerum enim cupiditate.

Voluptatum ea est expedita nihil. Et nulla sunt nam ut. Nisi mollitia et in distinctio. Et doloremque ea nam vel exercitationem et deserunt.

Quod possimus autem nihil minus magni molestias nesciunt incidunt. Aut aut sed rem repellat dolorem. Nemo voluptates temporibus quia quibusdam. Et voluptas ratione beatae repudiandae. Voluptatibus eveniet optio earum id labore quibusdam mollitia vel. Eum doloribus laboriosam fugiat sequi velit.

Ex enim sit maxime consequatur incidunt delectus. Debitis laborum natus ut sit temporibus quia rem. Neque adipisci quia dolore mollitia temporibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”