2024 Associate Programs

Has anyone had any luck with these? I've had interviews at several of the shops doing these programs and even funnily enough interviewed for one role twice in a 6 month gap and had no luck. Seems like these shops have had their postings out for 9+ months and are still looking... what's the deal? 

Based on the most helpful WSO content, it's not uncommon for firms to have long hiring cycles, especially for competitive roles like Associate Programs. Here are a few reasons why these positions might seem to be perpetually open:

• High Competition: Associate roles, particularly in prestigious firms, attract a large number of applicants. This means the interview process can be quite extensive to ensure the best fit for the role.
  • Multiple Rounds: For these types of programs, there are often multiple rounds of interviews, including phone screens, video interviews, and superdays, which can stretch over several months.
  • Continuous Intake: Some firms have a rolling intake for certain programs, meaning they are always looking for talent and will keep postings open even as they hire.
  • Budget and Headcount Approval: Sometimes, positions are advertised before budget approval is finalized, which can delay the hiring process.
  • Internal Changes: Firms may undergo internal restructuring or changes in strategy that affect hiring timelines.

If you've interviewed for the same role twice within a six-month period without success, it might be helpful to seek feedback from your interviews to understand any areas for improvement. Additionally, networking within the industry can sometimes provide insights or even a foot in the door. Keep honing your skills and don't get discouraged – persistence is key in the competitive world of finance.

Sources: 2022 ADC/APD Summer Programs/Full-Time Applications Thread, 2023 ADC/APD Summer Programs/Full-Time Applications Thread, 30 Weeks Later (Associate Edition), Does anyone have any insight into the Morgan Stanley Equity Research Junior Associate Program?, Audax Associate Program in 2023

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

All of these firms have lost their minds given the job market. They think that everyone from the BX acquisitions team is suddenly going to downgrade four levels and that’s how they’ll fill the position. There’s a false sense of security since they can always circle back to the other thousands of applicants.

The issue is that once deal flow starts to pick up again (which it absolutely will), you’re going to have to settle and you would’ve lost out on a ton of valuable training time.

Speaking as an employee at a top shop that’s been trying to hire for a simple analyst/associate role for six+ months. Would hate to be strung along for entire months.

Right! Lmao. I interviewed a while back for one of those 2024 associate roles. MSREI, StepStone, CIM, GIC, and more have had postings up for what seems like almost a year! Looks like there is no talent in the entire US that is good enough... in all seriousness tho, I'd bet they are waiting for IB folks to make the jump, but no one wants to jump into a shaky industry right now. Just one part of my theory.

Ducimus unde cupiditate atque et facilis voluptatibus repellat animi. Inventore suscipit excepturi aperiam hic omnis et. Ipsam nobis explicabo saepe voluptas est.

Consectetur est dolor a. Dignissimos illum saepe natus hic.

Reprehenderit repudiandae quisquam ipsam similique. Ut tempore dignissimos laboriosam accusamus facilis modi et.

Laborum neque sint aut incidunt consequatur eligendi facere. Nostrum voluptatem occaecati quas recusandae expedita qui. Corrupti eos animi aspernatur qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”