Crucify my CV LDN SA 2021

Guys, would please take a look at my CV and tell me what you think? Any critic is welcome

Should I try to look for more work experience this summer or do I still stand a decent chance for interviews?

Would you say it is better just applying for MO roles ( CB/Credit Risk) and recruit for IB in masters year?

@Pan European Monkey" and @French Hardo" any thought, please?

Will try to give you my opinion

• Formatting needs to be improved, lines are not aligned (just look at the dates, too messy), same with the names of your jobs, not aligned.
  • Dont like muych the format its clean but I prefer to read traditional formats (line starting with the headings)
  • Look at your first bullet for LBS you are missing the comma. 10,000 pounds
  • Shouldnt put in bold your gmat and quant in bold, they are not nothing too impressive for IBanks as they recruit MBAs with much better results
  • I am lacking some more info from your overall GPAs at that MsC, what do you expect for tha tlast year?
  • Regarding to Pictet ER I would just say that it was cancelled due to Covid (remember that you are aiming for 2021 SA, I wouldnt like to see that you are shopping around with an ER gunning for IB
  • Bullet points for GS are not punchy, did you receive the offer for SA21? Needs to be something that I can see in 2 seconds here
  • JP Morgan´s first bullet makes no sense, would rephrase it
  • Same with Research intern, you are boiling the ocean there, no actionable info, you are not quantifying either your results and when you do (last bullet), you are not explaining that what you did was benchmarking budgets (which is something that is closer to our job in IB sometimes)

Overall most bullets are too descriptive and are not showing me the skills I am looking for in an analyst / intern. Try to give it another try, you have some good stuff that could help you to land a SA this year, but both format and content needs to be improved so when I read your CV I can see your drive for finance and your skills.

And please do specify which languages you speak, you may impress me if you are able to speak 5 languages, even if I dont know them, but be careful with lying, I have seen a bunch of people geting in trouble for lying about languages and then whenever they got staffed in projects requiring fluency in such languages showing they had no idea about them (which HR should check tho..)

There you have mu 2 cents, you have very nice CV for SAs, and having your experience and education could help you to gun for HC spots showing you already bring some knowledge about the industry, so keep it up!

Most Helpful

For M&A what I am looking is

• University (the harder to get the better)
  • Grades - (the higher the better)
  • Social Skills (interest section & leadership positions usually show it)
  • Achievements (being selected among your peers or getting exclusive internships/spring weeks..)
  • Detail to attention (formatting is one of the points where I can see that)
  • Performance (actionable insights)

Then I usually look for people who are show some interest for finance, that have done things that we usually do (modelling, benchmarking, worked long hours for projects, that have competed in case competitions...)

Anywyas, whenever I see a good CV I take it. These are my check points but sometimes I do not follow them when I feel someone may have what it takes even he/she doesnt meet such critieria

Thank you man, I really appreciated the detailed feedback. I will make sure I implement them all.

Also echoed the poster below: what kind of specific skills you wanna see, so I can make sure I directly point them out

Everyone and their mother will ask you why you didn't take a Goldman offer. I wouldn't include something like that on a resume. I'd instead write something like you have under the JPM one that shows you were selected, like "1 of 20 out of 4000 selected to have a pillow fight with Lloyd Blankfein". Shows you're wanted without raising questions about your sanity or honesty.

Nam sed itaque ex provident corporis ea eius. Dicta dolor unde accusantium praesentium magni. Recusandae iure quod praesentium repellat non maiores. Non quaerat ea ut nesciunt. Voluptatum earum molestias nisi soluta. Ea vitae harum sequi accusamus earum sed.

Dolorem tenetur iste voluptatem vel. Dicta necessitatibus et esse ut occaecati. Temporibus et quia laborum deleniti sit doloremque sunt.

Alias hic necessitatibus architecto et modi rerum quo. Magni doloribus in nostrum dolores ullam. Fugiat quisquam dolorum a nesciunt at ducimus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”