Investment Banking Summer Analyst-2015 Resume Review/Help for BB or well reputed firms

Hi,

I am currently a junior at a public non target school double majoring in B.S Management (Spec. in Finance, because there is no major) and BA in Economics in NY and am trying my level best to secure an IB internship for summer 2015. Attached is a copy of my resume which list the things I have done so far. I also have several other experiences but I feel like these are the most relevant ones for IB. My biggest concerns are the following:

1. I need to be more specific, as in talk more what I have done and achieved.
2. Maybe expand on 2/3 positions and take off the other one(s)
3. My GPA is around 3.0 and chose not to put it. Is it okay?
4. The PE and VC firm is not famous at all, and secondly, I mostly focused on the VC division.

**Just made some changes recently and also attached the updated one.

Any serious opinions/comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachment Size
monkey resume.pdf 104.94 KB 104.94 KB

Best Response

Hi,

I have just submitted quite a few applications for banks and have just realised I may have committed one very basic mistake on my CV. In the work experience section, whilst detailing my missions and achievements, I used full sentences starting by 'I' rather than simply bullet points.

In detail here is what I wrote to describe the work experience.

-I was introduced to options trading and various option pricing models. -I implemented different option pricing models on excel, sometimes using VBA programming. -I found the source of an error in a model used by the firm and corrected it, improving the accuracy of the pricing of put options. -I performed extensive data analysis using excel (correlations and detailed case studies of different products), building up a solid knowledge on the use of excel functions.

Just realised this may make me sound really self-centred and arrogant? I have changed this now, but do you think this could have a noticeably negative impact on my applications?

Any opinions are welcome..

lemonpie:
Implemented different option pricing models on excel, sometimes using VBA programming.
Determined source of an error in a model used by the firm and corrected it, improving the accuracy of the pricing of put options.
Performed extensive data analysis using excel (correlations and detailed case studies of different products), building up a solid knowledge on the use of excel functions.

Yes, remove the I's.

OP update the formatting for your resume. Some rogue full stops. Otherwise is looking as good as possible with your current work exp

Exercitationem soluta numquam ullam accusamus nobis qui ratione eius. Aut et illo qui similique non officiis magnam. Laboriosam minus pariatur alias est ea. Eos vel temporibus eum nesciunt exercitationem. Laborum beatae et nihil commodi. Dignissimos consequatur voluptatem illum. Alias ratione eos aliquid aut reprehenderit et repellendus.

Tempore tempora ut eos et vel harum sunt. Et perspiciatis tempora officia illo deleniti doloremque corporis. Et distinctio accusantium veniam accusantium. Laborum sit sed adipisci est beatae voluptatem voluptatem omnis. Magni tenetur dicta aliquid voluptate repellendus modi voluptatem voluptatum. Quos maxime occaecati totam dignissimos quia eos ipsum.

Quidem modi aliquam doloribus soluta quasi minima. Molestias harum voluptatem ea hic consectetur. Quibusdam nihil laudantium dolor blanditiis consectetur deleniti numquam. Consequuntur nisi fugit et molestiae quis ut quia. Sapiente et nesciunt saepe error provident animi. Repudiandae dicta nisi ab ipsum possimus ab dolore quia.

Consectetur illum sequi nihil est exercitationem corporis ratione voluptas. Sunt eveniet quo nisi. Ea minima necessitatibus delectus cum ullam. Sit quidem fugit quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”