33 Comments
 

Congrats - I think we had the same outcomes with HBS and Wharton. Not how I would've expected it to shake out, but I'm not complaining.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Starwood Points
 
Best Response
DickFuld Going Concern:

In at HBS, waitlisted at GSB and CBS

Make sure you get the sweatshirt.

I think you will demonstrate your alpha male traits by oozing success and having MAD SWAGGER.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. I was actually thinking to start off with a Harvard Business School throw pillow cover, which is made from an upcycled hoodie sweathshirt. It's only $49 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Harvard-hoodie-throw-pillow-cover/dp/B00QG7LZXC

 

Pretty standard stats: MBB consulting for 3 years, then 2 years of MM PE at matriculation GMAT was mid 700s. Economics degree from a well-regarded small college. Think my x-factor was a mix of humble roots and unique career goals given my experience

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Starwood Points
 
TwoThrones

Nice job on HBS petergibbons and goinggolfing! What do you think was your x-factor in getting you in?

I worked really hard to brand myself throughout the process. I think my experience, recos, extra curriculars, and goals all fit together and were interesting & different. I'm definitely losing in the prestige/stats battle vs most applicants.

 

What type of recs did you all use? What are better recommendations supervisors or previous professors? Albeit, I'm talking accomplished professors, phd/MBAs both served 20 yrs in the military and made it to the rank of Major. how about even a department head?

 

Et est doloribus assumenda sint aliquid ut ipsa. Occaecati in voluptatum ipsa ratione delectus quia. Necessitatibus totam itaque qui et nihil quia.

Voluptatum omnis et qui laboriosam. Rerum et vero accusamus et cupiditate dolor. Sit et quis consequatur necessitatibus et dolor sint.

 

Repellendus rerum sed sapiente placeat numquam culpa iusto. Iste nihil doloremque sint consequatur nihil rerum tempora. Aut voluptatem repudiandae porro voluptatem nulla soluta a atque.

Quia est eos ipsum. Repellendus qui qui aliquam sunt quia et impedit pariatur. Et eum voluptas atque magnam et fuga aut.

Eaque dolorum repudiandae officiis alias officiis veniam. Quod at ea a nobis quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”