Seeking Advice on Choice of School for Fall 2023 Admission

Good day,

I am seeking your expert opinion and advice on a critical decision I need to make regarding my future education. My options are between The Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) and Copenhagen Business School (CBS), and my goal is to pave a successful path into the financial industry.

The program at NHH offers a Bachelor's in Economics and Business Administration, while CBS offers a BSc in Business Administration and Mathematical Business Economics (HA.Mat). It's important to note that I graduated high school in 2022 and spent a year at the EPFL in Switzerland, pursuing a Mathematics B.Sc., but the pure mathematical focus and language barrier (as a native Norwegian, I had little French proficiency) made the program unsuitable for me.

Regarding the curriculum, CBS appears to offer a balanced blend of Mathematics and Economics, whereas NHH has a more Business-focused approach, though I'm considering supplementing it with additional applied mathematics courses.

When it comes to networking and alumni connections, NHH boasts a remarkable presence in the Norwegian financial industry, which potentially ensures a favorable post-graduation position given its alum often recruits from the same institution. Additionally, NHH offers a plethora of social clubs which could aid in broadening my network within the country.

On the other hand, CBS, with its international orientation, seems like an excellent platform for establishing a diverse network. However, I have heard concerns about possible segmentation within the student body, where Norwegians tend to interact primarily with other Norwegians, and Danes with Danes, potentially hindering my chances of creating a substantial Danish network.

In light of these factors, I'd be extremely grateful to hear your thoughts, insights, and personal experiences if any, to guide me towards making an informed decision.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your responses

Eaque recusandae sunt a et aut et. Quisquam sapiente fuga quos rerum.

Veritatis dolores quia repudiandae et ipsa. Quis ex iste est mollitia eum delectus quis consectetur.

Quia voluptatem vero cum quia magni delectus esse at. Nulla assumenda est animi qui harum necessitatibus eum deserunt. Qui eaque quia aut inventore ut nesciunt autem. Ipsa nihil et et impedit praesentium.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”