Vanderbilt (full-tuition) vs UChicago ($15,000 scholarship) vs MIT (full-pay)

Like the title suggests, I'm pretty split between these two schools. Vanderbilt would cost be around $16,000 a year, UChicago around $58,000, and MIT around $65,000. My parents are willing to fund my college education so cost is not that important but I would like it to pay off. At Vanderbilt, I would be a Computer Science and Economics double major; at MIT, I would major in Computer Science, Economics, and Data Analysis or just Econ; and at UChicago I would major in economics (and maybe minor in Computer Science). At Vanderbilt, my GPA would likely be higher than if I went to UChicago or MIT but it's definitely not as heavily recruited. I could also more easily double major at Vanderbilt because there's no limit on the amount of AP credit. However, I don't exactly fit in with Vanderbilt's social scene and I definitely don't have as good of a personality that helps out in job/internship interviews.

My main goal is to get an internship all four years, in investment banking, consulting, etc. Could anyone speak on which option I should choose and whether I could still get a job in IB/consulting even if I went to Vanderbilt? Also, what are IB/consulting companies looking for when considering interns-- GPA, schools, etc? Thanks so much!

35 Comments

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”