2023 Canadian Analyst + Associate Bonus Thread (S&T)

Brutal year, tired of hearing “this was a bad year for the bank let’s focus on the year ahead” for the 5th year in a row to justify shit bonuses.

mfw all banks were posting record years until the most recent FY.

Clocking 65h a week as an Assc and was benevolently gifted a $0.00 bonus, despicable. Meanwhile MDs are pulling the same bonus comp as last year. Poor year for the bank my a**.

Any prospective seekers I strongly urge you to stay away from Scotia. Completely exploitative; received strong performance reviews at mid and YE. Suspecting there might be a personality conflict from my director because I’m not a kiss ass.

Name and shame boiz

Region

Sounds like shit sorry to hear that bro. Incoming CIB analyst so worried for what’s ahead

Most Helpful

Wish I was lying but yeah, this is how they spit on you after you sacrifice your physical, social, and mental health for them and bring in millions of flow and deals to the org.

Extra brutal because it felt like a complete blindside given my strong mid year and end of year review.

Scotia feels more more like it belongs in the “not a real bank” category unironically

Here’s the range I know about Scotia and wondering if this is above/below the street? Canada of course.

Analyst (stub year: rotational + full time): 20-25k
Associate: 30k - 60k

30-60k sounds right.

Last year I got 30k as Assc-1 and the other Assc-3 on my team got 55k so your range checks out. 

Scotia is definitely under the street though, have a friend at RBC that got 100k year end as an associate - 1

What group is your friend at RBC in? Is it rates/credit trading?

I’m currently recruiting for FT, hoping bonuses aren’t optimal so more seats open up lol. Sorry about ur bonus tho

no bonus for anyone in S&T let alone an aso with strong reviews is actually insane.  hope you're in the process of interviewing, would not tolerate that sort of callousness.  all the best OP  

Yep, I have some interviews lined up for after the holidays are over in the new year and I’ve been doing eight hours to the T ever since the blindside.

Show up at 8 leave at 4pm the moment the bell goes off. My AD already spoke to me asking who I think I am leaving at four when there’s still work to be done and when the rest of the team leaves at 6-8pm, couldn’t stop myself from laughing in that meeting. They know I’m gone

haven't heard of any other associates in scotia's ny office not receiving a bonus this year...

but im also in fixed income & they did cut half the equities team earlier, so not surprised since that's not a focused area anymore. that's tough. 

Commodi quae asperiores quo impedit. Molestias nam eum earum in veniam et maiores. Cupiditate quis cumque id. Sed odio et qui consequuntur blanditiis consectetur. Dolor ad sint alias sint et. Repellat aliquam praesentium rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”