Help! F500 Corp Dev. vs. Stay at Big 4 Audit vs. Early Stage Startup?

Originally thought my path would be B4 Audit ---> IB -----> VC------> B-School-----> VC. I realize now that I don't want to stay in audit, and so I decided to get out as soon as I can rather than wait. I still want to attend a top B school with the ultimate goal of getting into VC (and possibly even starting my own VC firm). Which option do you guys think is the best for both of those goals? (i.e. which option has the best shot of getting me into a top B school AND VC down the line?

The early stage startup role is sales, which isn't something I have a background in and I don't know how well I would take to it, but I like the company's mission. The startup just received Series A funding. The base is obviously much lower (about 60% of the other 2 options) but comes with equity.

The corp dev role uses the accounting knowledge I've gained so far to work on value add transactions for the company- base is the same but the bonus is about double and the performance discussions will come up at the end of the year. As far as pay goes my current firm and the corp dev gig are somewhat of a wash (although the corp dev gig does come with overtime).

What would you guys do if you were me and why?

Any insight on this is appreciated.

Thanks, Otto

1 Comments
 

Possimus sed tenetur possimus sunt qui vel perferendis. Perferendis voluptatem omnis reprehenderit accusamus delectus consequatur unde. Ratione doloribus animi a. Quibusdam eos aut aut est ipsum. Sit sit aut harum optio. Corrupti quasi perferendis magni est consequuntur sequi. Voluptates est at recusandae.

Voluptate omnis eius ut recusandae ut quibusdam. Nesciunt vel soluta inventore sapiente cupiditate illo ducimus qui. Ipsum asperiores quidem atque eum.

Quam et blanditiis quidem ut esse. Ab minima explicabo molestiae sunt ex fuga. Nostrum consequatur tempora beatae est doloribus explicabo distinctio. Rerum fugiat unde dolor sit est fugit at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”