2020 SA Background check

Intern in IB - CB

2020 SA at Citi/Barclays/BAML. Was wondering how these firms approach a DUI. Would an offer be rescinded? Also unsure on the best approach to bring it up. was told I can be preemptive or have a good response when it is brought up. any thoughts are appreciated. looked at the previous threads and there's not a lot for how to approach it.

Comments (16)

• Intern in IB - CB
Mar 27, 2020

Any thoughts?

Mar 27, 2020

Did you not declare it in the application ?

• Intern in IB - CB
Mar 28, 2020

when would it have been declared? and no, it's recent (between offer and OnBoarding)

Mar 28, 2020

Damn that's tough. I would probably wait until it is brought up and have a damn good response. I see both sides tho. Tough situation bro

• Intern in IB - CB
Mar 28, 2020

I was thinking that being preemptive might have a better shot for leniency

Mar 28, 2020

heard a story about a pe intern provided a false email of his imaginary MD he created himself and somehow got it through. He lied on the division he interned in, but the HR (of a small fund) was too lazy that they gave out identical internship cert for all interns

• Prospect in Other
Mar 28, 2020

Can your offer get rescinded if you have an f in a p/f class?

Mar 28, 2020

is it part of the curriculum or some stupid sports class that prevent students from suicide? I failed in a yoga class (non credit-bearing obviously) and nobody seems to care

• Incoming Analyst in S&T - FI
Mar 28, 2020

BBs are super thorough so no doubt this will come up in a background. I would probably disclose to HR but go into it with a very good explanation. Mistakes happen, I think it is possible it could be forgiven.

• Intern in IB - CB
Mar 28, 2020

how's the best way to go about it? email or call?

• Prospect in CorpDev
Mar 28, 2020

Wouldn't worry about it if it is a misdemeanor and you have a clean record besides that. It will show but doubt they will even bring it up. If you are in a state where you can have it expunged or set aside, do that.

• Intern in IB - CB
Mar 28, 2020
Comment