Hi everyone, I happened to know this website when I searched the keyword HEC Paris on Google. I find it very useful, and everyone here is very nice and helpful. I am now working at KPMG audit and seeking a change in career, here is my concern:
- 2 years in KPMG Shanghai office and 1 year in KPMG HongKong office
- Bachelor in Audit from a non-target school and low in GPA
- suppose my GMAT is 740
I am not interested in audit at all, I know it's hard to transfer from audit to IB or famous consulting companies, so at first I thought maybe I should get an MBA, but the thing is:
- The cost is quite expensive, more than USD 150k, I need to get a loan.
- I still need to work more than 2 years if I want an MBA, but you know, even 5 years in audit may not help me a lot in applying for an MBA, and the longer I work in audit, the less possible I can change my career.
- The average age to enter MBA is like 28-30 years old, I am quite special here, I graduate from university at the age of 20, yes, it's uncommon but I entered university when I was only 16 years old, so by the time I apply an MBA, I would be only 24-25 years old, and that's not a proper age for MBA degree I think, since MBA is less academic and more concentrate on social.
- It's impossible for me to get a top ranking MBA offer considering my undergraduate school and score
So my plan is:
Apply for a MS fin in LBS/HEC paris/ESADE/LSE, and find a FT job in IB in Europe or Singapore or Hongkong. And apply for M7 MBA several years later (maybe when I was 28 years old)
Is that possible? I mean will it be a waste of money to have 2 masters' degree? Could you please give me some advice on career change?
Thanks a lot.