Below is an AMA podcast + some key takeaways on fundraising for PE and HFs.
I was in-house IR at a couple PE shops (1 successful, 2 not) and was head of cap introibank.
What questions do you have for me?
I'll do my best to cover / answer them all.
WSO Podcast: Private Equity Fundraising, Cap Intro & Investor Relations Career Paths
Member @earthwalker7" joins us again to give the listeners a deep dive into fundraising best practices for private equity funds, LP psychology as well as the various roles and career paths available to Investor Relations (IR) professionals. Hope you enjoy (listen below).
Listen on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | All WSO Podcasts
***Free WSO shirt given out to one reviewer for each episode released! Leave Review Here
18 Thoughts on Fundraising
- Consistent returns - LPs would rather a consistent 20% return than experience volatility
- Consistency of team - team must have worked together for a long time, doing this same strategy
- Consistency of strategy / track record -you've executed this strategy successfully previously
- Unique edge - an ability to create opportunities and value that others cannot
- Best in class - be #1 in your geography / industry / investment type
- Transparency always - share pipeline info (obfuscated), , share co results, learn your lessons
- Appropriately sized funds
- Institutional quality - strong back-office, risk mgmt., incentivized team