Been on WSO for ages (10+ years) and asked Andy to let me do this AMA with a fresh username so I can focus on giving the most helpful answers without any baggage.
I've benefited a lot from WSO, and I want to give back in the form of a parting AMA.
Main act: Ask Me Anything, because I've done a bit of everything (typical WSO campus opportunity discussion fodder).
I've (in no particular order) worked at, attended, lived in the following (one category is an offer I didn't take):
- Top MBA (a top target, not tiering it over here)
- BB IB "lite" (one of the financing groups)
- F500 Leadership Development program
- Niche consulting firm (think FTI, Eurasia Group, etc)
- Developed markets (NYC, London, Western Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc - more than one)
- Emerging markets (Brazil, Mexico, Dubai/UAE, India, etc - more than one)
- Top public university
(Note: tasted rejection in every category too!)
- don't ask questions that require me to divulge my background to satisfactorily answer
- don't get worked up if I'm critical of your function/firm/pet goldfish
- basic courtesy/EQ (ie. no highly tactical career advice like drafting an email for a coffee chat with an Associate, etc)