Anyone hear back yet from J & J on 2022 MBA FLDP full time program?

Anyone hear back yet from J & J on 2022 MBA FLDP full time program? Or does anyone know the timeline of the hiring process or how many candidates they take? TIA

I applied to the 2021 MBA FLDP full time program last year and it took them 4 months to get back to me. I didn't even know the recruiters name until I got that email and checked my application status in J&J's system. Pretty weak. I'm assuming they fill most full time roles with interns and have their core schools they go to (my b-school was not one of them unfortunately).

Most Helpful

Agreed! I attempted to network with an alum but they just stopped answering me on LinkedIn (only sent a couple of messages for logistical purposes). lol People ghost on LinkedIn way too much. It's a bit ridiculous. Pharma experience is hard to come by. It's a higher-paying industry and therefore (probably) gets more applicants.

I interviewed for Merck's FLDP but the experience requirement was much lower (2 - 4 years, I believe). I came out of b-school with 6 (not pharma, but still in the healthcare arena) and felt overqualified.

I ended up with Cigna since I wanted to stay in the Philly area. I applied to Amazon but no dice. There aren't too many MBA FLDPs (a lot aren't function-specific) which makes getting into them more difficult than undergrad FLDPs. Congrats on your new role! Where will you be?

Judging by your comments, it seems like the Merck FLDP didn't provide the type of breadth in experience, or potentially the compensation, that you were looking for in a post-MBA FLDP. If so, I can't blame you. Not all Leadership/Rotational programs are created equal.

Congrats on your new role! I looked into the Cigna one as well, but ironically enough, the locations didn't appeal to me or my family. Applied to Amazon as well for Internship and FT, and both times they took so long to get back to me that I had already accepted other offers. Agreed that it can be tough to find a good FLDP coming out of an MBA. Happy to take this to PM if you want to discuss roles in further detail haha.

How do you like Cigna so far? What are some technical skills they’re looking for? What’s the day to day like? Any prior experience in healthcare or accounting needed?

It's been good! Cigna is very good when it comes to flexible working arrangements.

There is also great flexibility in pursuing roles outside of the program and making them program roles.

The company is going in a good direction and the CEO has very engaging town halls.

There aren't many technical skills, per say. Having strong Excel and Hyperion knowledge definitely helps since a lot of roles are FP&A/controller roles.

Tableau could be beneficial as well but since it's a finance program the emphasis will be on Excel. There won't be any technical interview questions/things you have to perform on the spot during interviews. 

Nemo ipsum veniam aut sed ipsum perferendis amet. Sit id suscipit deleniti delectus. Quos necessitatibus est aut voluptates molestiae odio dolorum. Ea optio sequi ducimus veniam omnis mollitia perspiciatis. Illo est incidunt temporibus possimus illo qui ut. Modi unde non dolorem cumque magni recusandae.

Excepturi mollitia cupiditate rem officiis assumenda error. Aspernatur in aut exercitationem. Aut incidunt dolor saepe sed fugit inventore aperiam ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”