WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (7)

Aug 1, 2021 - 1:33pm

I applied to the 2021 MBA FLDP full time program last year and it took them 4 months to get back to me. I didn't even know the recruiters name until I got that email and checked my application status in J&J's system. Pretty weak. I'm assuming they fill most full time roles with interns and have their core schools they go to (my b-school was not one of them unfortunately).

• Associate 1 in CorpFin
Aug 2, 2021 - 3:03pm

Same. I think this role is hard to break into unless you are at one of their core schools, network prior to applying, or have very relevant pre-MBA experience that passes the initial HR screen. BTW, which FLDP did you end up at post-MBA? I also just finished bschool and am a few weeks into an FLDP as well.

Most Helpful
Aug 5, 2021 - 9:55pm

Agreed! I attempted to network with an alum but they just stopped answering me on LinkedIn (only sent a couple of messages for logistical purposes). lol People ghost on LinkedIn way too much. It's a bit ridiculous. Pharma experience is hard to come by. It's a higher-paying industry and therefore (probably) gets more applicants.

I interviewed for Merck's FLDP but the experience requirement was much lower (2 - 4 years, I believe). I came out of b-school with 6 (not pharma, but still in the healthcare arena) and felt overqualified.

I ended up with Cigna since I wanted to stay in the Philly area. I applied to Amazon but no dice. There aren't too many MBA FLDPs (a lot aren't function-specific) which makes getting into them more difficult than undergrad FLDPs. Congrats on your new role! Where will you be?

• Associate 1 in CorpFin
Aug 6, 2021 - 12:01pm

Judging by your comments, it seems like the Merck FLDP didn't provide the type of breadth in experience, or potentially the compensation, that you were looking for in a post-MBA FLDP. If so, I can't blame you. Not all Leadership/Rotational programs are created equal.

Congrats on your new role! I looked into the Cigna one as well, but ironically enough, the locations didn't appeal to me or my family. Applied to Amazon as well for Internship and FT, and both times they took so long to get back to me that I had already accepted other offers. Agreed that it can be tough to find a good FLDP coming out of an MBA. Happy to take this to PM if you want to discuss roles in further detail haha.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Nov 18, 2021 - 9:59pm

Tempora voluptas dolores alias omnis. Voluptas esse voluptatem est cum sint voluptate voluptatem excepturi. Neque ex ab est voluptatum ipsam enim deleniti.

Est ea perferendis vel quia maiores at est. In voluptate laborum velit odio. Dolorem error odio occaecati eum corporis modi quis. Sunt omnis sunt officia commodi consectetur provident cum alias. Autem est minus aut nihil.

Magnam sed quasi dolores natus. Dignissimos neque distinctio rem quaerat beatae. Corrupti qui praesentium neque aut enim facilis. Dicta doloribus error eum nihil minus aliquid.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (236) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (514) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (396) $84