FLDP 2021 Recruiting Timeline

Rising senior looking to get into fldp programs. Saw that Microsoft was open last month and wondering if I'm off to a late start. I assumed the majority of the process would be in the fall with probably 2 rounds of interviews. Are there other programs that are currently open or will most of the major programs start their process in the fall? Looking at major tech and other F500 programs.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (93)

Aug 7, 2020 - 3:54pm

what are some of the more competitive/well known programs?

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

Aug 7, 2020 - 3:53pm

Following

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in Other
Aug 7, 2020 - 8:02pm

OP here. I've primarily been looking into the big tech firm programs and I think Microsoft is the only one open. Are there other programs that are known to be the best in terms of experience, pay, selectively, etc?

Aug 7, 2020 - 8:05pm

Anybody get rejection email from Microsoft for FLDP? I got it the same day I applied hahahah. Non-target IB, but target school and lots of OCR for B4/FLDP rotation programs. Would it be weird to cold email finance alums we have there and say "what's good"

• Prospect in Other
Aug 7, 2020 - 8:11pm

Yeah got the rejection but it was a few days later. Interned in IB and go to an IB target, but not a tech target, and thought I would be pretty strong for at least a first round. Didn't have a network though not sure how much that matters at least for Microsoft's program, but pretty bummed about it overall.

• Analyst 1 in CorpFin
Aug 9, 2020 - 10:44pm

Yes, my school is a semi target for IB but target for B4 advisory/FLDPs. All GE business units recruit at my school for the FMP. I networked w/ 5 current FMPs, 3 of whom were alumni from my school. A large reason for my success can be attributed to the networking and displaying, with concrete anecdotes from my conversations, why I wanted to be with GE for the long haul (which is what they want to hear).

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Aug 11, 2020 - 12:05am

Thanks, even though you're talking about the actual FLDP I would think they're also in the interview process with interns. Hopefully I'm wrong haha.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Aug 11, 2020 - 3:43pm

Same boat here, applied early July and havent heard anything for 2021 interns, wondering if anyone else has?

• Prospect in S&T - Comm
Aug 13, 2020 - 10:35am

Are they conducting multiple superdays later? Or are the chances of getting it gone after this round - haven't heard back yet :/

Aug 13, 2020 - 7:45pm

Any FRP applicants (FT) hear back after their first round interview yet? I'll post here once I get new information but haven't heard anything yet.

• Intern in Other
Aug 14, 2020 - 8:24am

Yep, they (Microsoft) said they are the first of the FLDP's to recruit. This was at a pre-superday meeting thing yesterday.

• Prospect in Other
Aug 14, 2020 - 1:53am

Can we get a list going of the best FLDPs and also anything that is currently ongoing? Only know that Microsoft seems to be finishing up first rounds/going into super days. Not sure if anything else has really kicked off or where to even look.

Aug 14, 2020 - 3:22am

Let's do it. Apple's FLDP internship just opened up. Does anyone know if Apple admits people to the full-time program outside of those who already did the internship? It seems like the internship is a mandatory step to get into the FLDP.

• Intern in CorpFin
Aug 14, 2020 - 10:54am

How do you compare different fldps? These are all large, recognizable companies but operate in different industries and probably have a similar structure to their program.

• Intern in Other
Aug 14, 2020 - 9:02am

Can confirm this is the first super day for Microsoft (today) and there will be a couple more in the next few weeks/months. Not sure when they are but there will be more. Hope this helps

Aug 14, 2020 - 12:58pm

Capital One FLDP is open. Does anyone know how the program ranks?

• Prospect in IB - Restr
Aug 27, 2020 - 6:32pm

I've heard it's pretty solid. I got pushed to first round/business case. On that note, anyone know what those look like?

Sep 28, 2020 - 1:30pm

Does anyone know if these Amazon internships are the "prestigious" ones? They seem to be business unit ones and not FP&A. How are they viewed and are there usually separate internships for the more corporate roles, like FP&A?

Aug 19, 2020 - 12:06pm

Any information on Microsoft FRP intern final round interviews? Have any offers been given out?

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Restr
Aug 27, 2020 - 6:31pm

I don't wanna hijack the forum but I just got an FT offer for FLDP at Company A, but I'm really trying to do Company B's FLDP. Would it be worthwhile to tell them about the exploding FT offer? I don't want to jeapordize my existing offer as it's all I got :)

• Prospect in Other
Aug 27, 2020 - 8:15pm

Hey, don't have an FLDP offer but when I got my internship return offer, I emailed some recruiters at other places I was looking at to see if I could accelerate any processes. No harm in telling B that you're interested in Company B, but you have an offer from Company A and wanted to see if there's any way to accelerate your consideration in the process. I'd only do this if your offer is exploding soon and you dont think you'll from the other places in time. If the other processes are wrapping up soon, then you can just wait it out.

• Prospect in IB - Restr
Sep 8, 2020 - 6:53pm

Bringing this thread back to life. Anybody got insight on timelines for FLDP's?

• Intern in CorpFin
Sep 10, 2020 - 7:55am

Most are open now. Other than Microsoft, I haven't heard of any interviewing yet. Most will start interviews between September and November though, so it's not weird if you don't hear anything for a few weeks. 

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Sep 10, 2020 - 12:47am

I applied back in early july with no networking and initially got invited for first round end of july but all the interview slots were full so I guess this is the 2nd wave of 1st round interviews

Sep 28, 2020 - 2:34pm

I just completed 1st Rnd Interviews for the full-time FDPs at Dell & JnJ last Friday (through Diversity Conference). JnJ said Final Rounds will definitely be in mid November.

• Analyst 1 in CorpFin
Nov 1, 2020 - 11:45pm

I'm in a "top" FLDP mentioned often on this forum and have many friends in other FLDPs mentioned within this post. As far as I can tell, all of the competitive programs have already extended offers within the last month. And then top corp strat groups like Disney's strat & bizdev are done as well.

I am sure there are plenty of fine general corporate analyst roles still available that don't do pipeline/standardized undergrad recruiting. But most of the "top" corporate analyst/FLDP roles finished this cycle. They compete for high finance and consulting talent so they have to match their recruiting timelines as appropriate. 

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (195) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (404) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (330) $82