Base salary numbers for this recruitment season (starting FT 2011)?

Just wondering about the analyst and associate interns from this summer who got offers to return to their BB, what is base pay + signing for those starting full time in 2011?

I'd be interested to hear for both New York and London, whichever info you've got.

Somewhat related: on WSO, when you're not logged in it says "sign up and get free access to 2010 salary and recruiter databases!". Where are these databases? (link please)

Thanks!

[Comment removed by mod team]

whateverittakes:
BBs in the U.S. pay you the same, regardless of what office you're in. That's a sweet deal for analysts who are in natty res groups in Houston or industrials groups in Chicago.

70 K base, 5 K sign-on, 5 K relo

It's even a sweeter deal in Houston since there is no state income tax (although if you purchase a place, you'll more than make up for it in property taxes).

The FT associate numbers above (100, 40, 10) are in line with the offers I've heard about here at B-School. Some got 5 or 10k additional for early sign-on.

[Comment removed by mod team]

elephant_trader:
is the bonus only 10k for analysts? I thought analysts get a much bigger bonus offered to them after they complete 1 year

They do. 10K is a signing bonus, year end bonus is probably 20-40K depending on the bank. 2nd year, your base become 80K.

"Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

Thanks for the info. is the year end bonus the same for all cities - NYC/Houston/Chicago?

Gekko21:
elephant_trader:
is the bonus only 10k for analysts? I thought analysts get a much bigger bonus offered to them after they complete 1 year

They do. 10K is a signing bonus, year end bonus is probably 20-40K depending on the bank. 2nd year, your base become 80K.

Gekko21:
elephant_trader:

What are you talking about? Year end bonuses this year were more like 45-65K. Not 20-40.

ibhopeful532:
It's not going to be pre-2007 levels anymore.

Bonus: 0K - 60K max.

Yeah......apart from the fact that several places paid in excess of 60K. Citi and JPM both paid 65 and I personally know of analysts at several shops who pulled down up to 85K as first years.

Neque quia possimus impedit facilis et aut sunt. Fuga aliquid et ipsa cumque. Neque accusamus doloremque iure dolor quaerat unde vel qui.

Blanditiis vel sint at velit et ut aspernatur. Distinctio amet recusandae aspernatur at itaque eaque. Ex mollitia consectetur quae quas eos laboriosam. Quis sint eum ut doloribus molestiae alias perspiciatis. Eum quo rerum voluptatem dolorem voluptates doloremque quaerat. Necessitatibus ipsa optio praesentium hic nihil assumenda voluptatibus.

Qui rerum sed et est enim sit. Est dicta non quia consequatur quisquam debitis quod est. Quisquam eum tempore voluptatibus culpa eos. Eligendi quam inventore est molestiae. Natus assumenda perspiciatis commodi eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”