I am here to seek your opinion about my current situation. I just got an offer from a BB (American Bank) to join their corporate banking team in Paris, after I started just working in a French investment bank. I was not expecting to have an offer from the corporate banking team of such a big name and so I am kind of lost in a sense that I don't know if Corporate banking is also a good career option.
I have done already almost 1 year of internships in M&A and so systematically I chose to go for M&A. I am aware of the fact that Ib i will have better exit opps than corporate banking, but before making any decision I wanted to make some due diligence on corporate banking and what could be the exit options for it? Can someone go back to M&A after corp. banking ? Or any other exit options ?
Here are some key elements:
Current M&A position:
- pays fairly well
- french bank
- working on large cap
- hours are not that extremely hard, but stressful environment
Corp banking job
- pays better than my current job (same base salary as Ibd analysts)
- big brand name
- working on company size of min 500m
- no idea about the hours
Lately I started thinking about work-life balance which is as important as my career so I am kind of hesitant ablut corporate banking career exits.
Thank you for your help!
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.