Bernie Sanders 2020 run

What are your thoughts on Sanders launching his campaign with a record 5 mil in 24 hours? Does he stand a chance this time around? will the democratic "trend" continue? ponder and share.

Most Helpful

Lol, Bernie got way too "woke" over the past four years and he now sounds like an even more senile old idiot. Rather than talking about infrastructure, trade, and jobs, all of his old staples, he now wants to fight "homophobia, xenophobia, racism, bigotry, and sexism" because I'm sure those items are what his handlers said the hip millennials care about.

I hope bloated shrieks from BLM and other activist groups take his microphone and force him to sit idly by at every single one of his campaign trail engagements. That would literally be Bernie's hell, and he deserves every bit of it.

He would be 79 years old at inauguration in January 2021, when he sits there either not the Democratic nominee or after becoming their nominee and losing. I can't believe this fact isn't talked about more often. He already looked pretty terrible, in my opinion, during the state of the union address. I know he wasn't happy to be there, but it was beyond just being enthused...

At the moment, he's the best positioned in the field. However, if Joe Biden joins the filed (which is a near certainty), then Bernie's screwed. Sure, he's got a good voter base, but Biden quite literally represents the middle 60% of America, plus a good portion of right wingers who aren't Trump fans. I really, really hope he announces soon; we need a moderate voice right now

Let's assume Bernie wins the nomination. If he does so, he'll likely have had to move to the left on "intersectional" issues in order to win the primary. I think that is going to hurt him where it counts the most - with those white, blue collar Midwestern voters who already like Trump for the most part. Trump will be able to paint Bernie as not only a loon economically (and if the economy continues its strength through election day, the incumbent advantage will be all the more powerful) but also out of touch with what "really matters" for that important demographic.

I'm not sure what America's infatuation with nominating geriatric people for the most demanding job in the world is. Trump is already too old and spends most of his day with "executive time" aka watching cable TV news and tweeting. Bernie and Biden and Warren are all 70+ too.

I can't imagine Bernie would be an ideal candidate even for far-left progressives, especially with so many other Democrats, but populism cares more about cult of personalities.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

I feel like he'll have trouble appealing beyond his base, which is mostly young, white, and liberal. For the dems to win 2020, I feel like they're going to need to appeal to the middle, and Bernie might struggle to appeal to the middle.

You may or may not agree with his views but he is the one person who I feel that believes in what he says. I do not feel like he is trying to pander to anyone. He has been saying the same thing for decades. The "decades", part also a problem, though. He would be almost 80 if elected.

http://www.series7examtutor.com

Rerum voluptatem similique amet. Eos facere dolores ut blanditiis deserunt. Nemo nihil autem mollitia. Nostrum iure nam repellendus dolorem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”