WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (25)

Aug 23, 2018 - 5:19pm

Can an SA wear a vintage IWC dress watch? Old 40s watch from my grandpa

Cash and cash equivalents: $138,311 Financial instruments and other inventory positions owned: $448,166
Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jul 10, 2018 - 9:42pm

Get Tommy Hilfiger everything. The biggest logos you can find, and go baggy, over-sized and wrinkled. Bonus points if the interviewer can hear 'Real Slim Shady' blasting from the headphones on your Diskman.

I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.
Funniest
Jul 10, 2018 - 10:43pm
targetprekalum:

Supreme?

The big 12"X 18" Standard Tommy logo is fine.

I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.
Aug 10, 2018 - 9:13am

Dress shirt with a giant SUPREME fuckboy logo is the way to go.

Aug 21, 2018 - 9:40pm

Generally speaking, try and refrain from logos or at least try and keep the logo to a minimum.

Made ya look
Aug 22, 2018 - 3:31pm

I understand that the brands want to turn everyone into walking billboards, but even with no jacket or tie, is there any positive social signaling benefit from shirt logos?

Aug 22, 2018 - 3:36pm

That's a fair point, I guess there will always be someone walking around with a better label on than you at work, so trying to out brand someone always eventually earns you a nice ego check at some point.

I was speaking more along the lines of if you're already in a no jacket/no tie environment you can probably get away with a small logo here and there.

For me personally I like polo RL oxford shirts bc that's what my dad would wear to church on Sunday's as a kid growing up, so for some reason that just has always stuck with me.

Aug 22, 2018 - 3:54pm

Outstanding reason to wear the pony!

For most button-up shirts, the only guys who see the label are your laundry service and you, before you put it on. The rest of the day, the label on the back of the collar is hidden by your neck.

Bottom line: people will notice great fit and high-quality fabrics more than branding.

Aug 22, 2018 - 1:32pm

Array

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

August 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (36) $363
  • Associates (212) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (122) $152
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $146
  • Intern/Summer Associate (102) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (451) $132