I am a currently a 4th-year student in a 5-year program that will allow me to graduate in May 2020 with both a BSM (Finance) degree and a Master of Accounting degree. At any point this semester, I can decide to drop out of the program and graduate next year with just my BSM degree. I would like to work in the restructuring industry after college.
- Accept FT offer at MM IB that specializes in M&A, ECM, and DCM
- Graduate in May 2019 with BSM degree and begin FT
- Attempt to lateral to restructuring group at different bank in May 2020
- Stay in program and complete a busy season 2019 accounting internship at one of the Big 4
- Accept Summer 2019 IB internship offer at a boutique bank with a newly formed restructuring department (and hopefully get assigned to the MD that heads the group)
- Go through FT analyst recruiting for restructuring (as a college student vs. lateral hiring in Option 1)
- Start FT in May 2020 in the restructuring group from summer internship or at another bank
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.