I am currently an honors business student at UNLV (University of Nevada -- Las Vegas), and I cannot decide between these two options:
- Graduate one semester early with a bachelor in accounting.
- Graduate one semester late, but with a double major in accounting and finance.
Is the extra year of school worth the degree in finance?
Even though my "main" major is accounting, I do not want to limit myself into being an accountant for the rest of my life. This is why I am leaning toward finishing the finance degree as well. My hope is that the finance degree will open up career options for me in the future. I am extremely interested with stocks, bonds, etc., which are not present in the accounting major.
Would the additional finance degree open up more options in the future or is this a false assumption?
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.