Hi all, I have aFinance SA Interview in the Controllers division, I was hoping those who have gone through this could give me some advice for the interview?
Relevant Interview Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- At EB Right now. It's already 9pm talked to analyst who told me I'll be working until 2am on average (including today). I've been "reading" the compliance book since 2pm since there's not a lot to do on my first day.
I think I fucked up and chose the wrong...+67 by EUROPETARGET in IB
- A leading upper mid-market PE firm emailed me this: "It’s rare that we recruit for a VP role. We typically hire at the Associate or Senior Associate role and promote."
This seems fairly typical, although it's rarely expressly said. Why is it so hard to lateral as a VP?+30 by Kickball123 in PE
- Hopefully this guide will save monkeys some money and avoid the fuckups I made. Basically, you can score expensive $$$ clothing for way way less than what you would think. This doesn’t mean cheap, but it does mean you should be able to find $8000 suits for ~$700 - $1200 by the time you finish...+24 by m_1 in FASH
- Holy shit.
I will edit my post with my thoughts, opinions, ideas, expectations, and predictions after I think about this. What did you guys think? One thing is for sure.. we now know how that coin landed.
***Fire away***+24 by champagnepaki in OFF
- Hey all,
This site has been a big help to me over the years and I wanted to see if there's anyone out there I can help by answering some questions.
* Lower/middle class from the southern US, first generation
* Started out at a semi-target in STEM , finished my...+16 by GibbonAwayNow in IB
- WSO was a great source for me at the beginning of my career. Figured it is time to give back.
* Graduated from a non-target school with a 3.5 GPA
* Spent 3 years at a BB bank in Leveraged Finance
* Currently, at a value oriented credit hedge fund, investing in...+14 by Value892 in HF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I haven't worked on many industrial deals so I'm hoping you all can help me really understand the basics. Some questions that I have are:
1. What ceiling heights are considered the best? What heights are used for different types of purposes?
2. What are the different types of...+11 by Temujiin in RE
- "The College Board plans to assign an adversity score to every student who takes the SAT to try to capture their social and economic background, jumping into the debate raging over race and class in college admissions.
This new number, called an adversity score by college admissions...+10 by Max Heiliger in OFF
- Happy to do an AMA to give back and talk about how I went from a tier 2 consulting shop to UMM/MF PE.
I had **dozens** of at bats for over a year before successfully landing this offer. I interviewed everywhere from VC to sourcing growth to regular growth...+10 by Tier 2 to UMM-MF in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May16WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 5/16, 630-830pm, Headquarters6:30 EDT Chicago
- May16WSO NYC Happy Hour: Thur 5/16, 7-10pm, 5th And Mad Bar7:00 EDT New York City, NY
- May16WSO London Meet Up: Thur May 16, 19:00, Vintry Pub7:00 EDT Online
- May18WSO DC Meet Up: Sat 5/18, 1pm, Vapianos1:00 EDT Washington DC, DC
- May20Debt Collection and Credit Management Course8:00 to 5:00 EDT Nairobi