Cringe-worthy LinkedIn Profiles | 2020 WSO Championship

Hi Monkeys,

What were some of the most Cringe-worthy profiles that you came across on LinkedIn?

Listing every single class or online course that one followed? Getting recommendations from fellow students?

Feel free to share and find the LinkedIn Cringe Champion of 2020 according to WSO!

I think I know what post you're talking about. Sadly he changed his linkedin since then. Kid had every school he had gotten into, what scholarships he was awarded, and what his potential major would be at each uni

Array 8.5.2

I love how we all universally understood who's being mentioned and how annoying those posts are.

I'm convinced the account is a bot. Otherwise, this person has literally nothing better to do than to create convoluted lies where she always ends with some bs morals and how she saved the day.

Most Helpful

Not super comfortable with this thread. It's way too easy to figure out who these kids are. We were all young and dumb once.

Controversial

A guy is putting time in his professional development, what's wrong about that? I mean, I also try to resist that desire to put all my 50+ Coursera certificates on my Linkedin (successfully as for now), but there are people who don't have any other credentials and want to leverage what they have.

Edit: Yes, keep throwing monkey shit if you genuinely think that continuous professional development and desire to learn is something that should we laugh at.

Isn't that the WallStreetIntern/Litquidity meme account on Insta? I don't know if anyone is really doing that.

“Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives, living existences of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon their shoulders is really a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don’t think. Become.”

Per the CFA association rules, you are not allowed to list candidacy unless you've registered and paid for the test. Just FYI, to anyone who reads this. I have seen people called out for having it on a resume and not being registered (e.g. person says, oh I intend to take it, etc....people who are actual CFAs or have taken the exam will potentially humiliate you about it).

Bit of a tangent, but one of my colleagues got ticked off by the CFA because, having passed many years ago, he stopped paying the annual fees. They found it still mentioned on his LinkedIn profile (he hadn't thought twice about it), and sent him rude emails threatening to blacklist our firm or some nonsense like that.

I flirted and hooked up with a girl at a bar once using LinkedIn (throwaway account, I don't have one) because I was too drunk, deleted her #, but she showed me her LinkedIn so we PM'ed that way.

Not my proudest moment. Quite a Boomer move on my part.

Still my favorite to this day - Kid from undergrad who is now at a Big 4 is notorious for these.

"Congratulate (Name) for being promoted to New England Managing Partner Advisory Committee: Representative for the Boston Tax Function of (Company Name)."

The Director came back with:

"Way to use fancy words to announce you joined the group that decides on snacks for busy season."

Murdered. He took it down shortly after.

Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.

I stand corrected - so the Director made that comment and he still left it up. Gotta give him credit where credit is due.

Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.

Thinking about it, all these posts would come off better if it was just a single sentence along the lines of, "Very fortunate to be interning at XXX next summer. They're great people and I'm looking forward to working with them." Not mentioning the shitty situation is better overall lmao

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

Also related: What is this flex with putting Bloomberg Market Concepts as a certification on Linkedin? Doesn't it take like 20 hours to finish?

“Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives, living existences of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon their shoulders is really a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don’t think. Become.”

Actually it only takes 3 hours to finish if you click through all the videos without watching them. There's no exam either at the end. Even if you get every single question wrong in the quizzes, as long as you are done with each module you can get the certification. That's why it's a total joke.

That coupled with misspelled "commnets" and incosistent use of "+" before/after numbers were the reasons why he wasn't extended a Full-time offer.

"If it is on WSO, it must be true" ~ old Jewish proverb.

I came across this gem a while ago. I always come back to this kid's profile whenever a friend talks about cringey LinkedIn profiles.

Saw this kid put down "Finalist" as a role for a BB bank. Meaning he was interviewed but didn't get the part. He also put Harvard for a course he did on EdX. My eyes were bleeding!

sounds like the guy joined the army and hasn't interviewed in years. this one is actually motivating/heartwarming but it's something that you should post on facebook, not LinkedIn

"Trader at Hedge-Fund" from the guy who practice "Trading" from his smartphone.

The most Hilarious is all the thousands of "Trader" and "Head of" from a specific bank on Linkedln but when you are in the industry there are only few hundreds Trader and the famous "Head of" works in the back office as a project manager.

Necessitatibus cupiditate et minima sed sit. Et et est voluptas magni et quod. Distinctio nihil perspiciatis eos consequuntur accusamus iste. Eligendi totam esse architecto quo autem ut quis perspiciatis. Maxime ad dolores et aspernatur alias.

Reprehenderit sint rem enim aut aut nihil. Ipsum harum cum dignissimos ullam iste vero. At enim laborum doloremque. Quis nihil dolore voluptates quae ut. Ipsa explicabo omnis quia qui repellat.

Quisquam aut est deserunt rem dolores nobis aspernatur. Esse eius perferendis magni vel consectetur sed est vero. Ut illum sunt inventore quia accusamus. Illum quia rerum expedita earum cum ipsa eum. Repudiandae explicabo ipsa et alias tenetur nisi excepturi.

Facere in dignissimos eos minima sit qui sit. Voluptas deserunt nam voluptatem necessitatibus. Laborum et facere qui et.

Amet possimus tempore ea tempora. Qui modi a ipsa nemo quis saepe distinctio. At possimus molestiae numquam.

Aliquid laborum voluptatem eaque libero quae esse nemo. Similique velit eum possimus quia et quibusdam. Omnis ut et officiis optio ut quo enim qui.

Natus atque quis corrupti dolores molestiae. Autem tempore vero eius at ratione quaerat voluptatibus. Perferendis repudiandae est porro.

Et adipisci et a vero alias. A in est sed sit quo aliquam. Aperiam ut corrupti commodi tempora.

Totam expedita veniam consectetur eos consectetur voluptas consectetur sint. Voluptas impedit porro omnis quibusdam. Necessitatibus reiciendis magnam quo ut doloribus sit. Velit consequuntur exercitationem aut ab nobis nobis. Sit porro voluptatem inventore dolore impedit et. A iure sunt sunt. Reprehenderit sed sint voluptatum iusto accusantium aut quibusdam.

Inventore ex quis laboriosam est ducimus illo est eos. Labore alias qui incidunt recusandae sed ratione eveniet. Est enim omnis veritatis ut. Et velit ea in veniam. Nulla eveniet nostrum voluptates ut maiores. Reiciendis eum omnis consequuntur esse quos.

Recusandae mollitia ratione debitis sit. Labore nemo neque natus asperiores et. Sit odit quam soluta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”