CS FIG 2022 Interview

I have an interview coming up with Credit Suisse for FIG, and have no idea what to expect. For anyone that's already done interviews before for CS FIG, would you say there are a lot of FIG technicals and markets stuff, or more behavioral stuff? I know there's a 2021 thread on this as well, but it was pretty sparse. Thanks! 

Sorry cant provide insight, but did you network with CS FIG to get the interview?

I can only speak to the MBA summer associate FIG interviews. Both first round and superday covered FIG technicals. Mostly conceptual questions like why a bank might merge with another and what metrics you would use to judge operating performance on FIG companies (DDM, ROE, etc.). Also discussed some FIG industry trends and how it would impact activity in the sector going forward. Other than that, mostly behavioral/fit-based.

Most Helpful

Went through CS FIG recruiting process last year. Straight out of the guide technicals and all of them were really basic (no fig technicals). They mainly want to check that you are actually interested in FIG. Know the different verticals. My first round was with two associates. My superday was with an MD and a director. The MD spent the whole time just going through my resume and the director was asking me the most basic technicals.

Know why cs why fig and a couple of deals and you should be Golden. My superday had 9 people and they selected 4-5.

thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it! How long did it take to hear back from the first round for you if you don't mind me asking? Also, did you end up getting the offer, and if not, do you know what ended up dinging you?

Prospect in IB - Gen

thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it! How long did it take to hear back from the first round for you if you don't mind me asking? Also, did you end up getting the offer, and if not, do you know what ended up dinging you?

Had two separate first round interviews - heard back the day after my second first round interview (ie. Late Friday evening). I did not get an offer and I tried getting feedback but I think it came down to the fact that I had literally just networked with one analyst and didn’t have enough pull. Also, one of the interviewers didnt like a particular answer but that was in the first round so obviously that wasn’t a dealbreaker given I got the superday. In the superday, a director was 10 mins late to my 30 mins interview and seemed a little pissed off for whatever reason and then the analyst told me that he wasn’t able to go through all the questions and counted that against me (even though he was late). So, it was a combination of bad luck and maybe one answer on my part.

Anyways 3-4 CS FIG MDs have jumped ship to Barclays (including one of their top MDs) so I am happy I didn’t end up there. Ended up in a top coverage group at another bank so it worked out well.

Nope, have you? Think they told me to get worried if after monday/tuesday they don't get back to us haha. How were your first rounds?

I got more FIG specific questions than I thought I would but I didn't miss any technicals. Thought they were pretty easy overall so might just come down to fit/personality. How'd you feel?

I haven't heard back yet

Also did you get a “needs additional action” in your portal? I got a notification a couple hours after my 2nd first round and wasn’t sure if it was related at all. It was just about being related to gov officials, etc...

Hard to say honestly, it wasn't very technical so I'm not sure how I'm being judged tbh. how'd urs go?

Probably early next week, I think they said. How was the interview with the MD? Also, any idea what the conversion rate from superday to offer is like?

tuberfromdallas

Didn't the head of FIG just quit today?

The group is kind of falling apart. It was on a good trajectory but the archegos scandal seems to have hit the group particularly hard. 3 bankers recently also left to Barclays (including one of their top specfin guys). 

Hic aut optio et. At voluptates veritatis deserunt voluptatum. Et odit qui fugit omnis aut occaecati ut ea. Quia deleniti consequatur aut recusandae quas repellendus aperiam ea.

Pariatur voluptatem necessitatibus magnam perferendis quam asperiores molestiae. Nihil et aliquam id amet. Sit quia impedit odio ea molestias illo.

Autem non molestias doloribus eius delectus. Occaecati dolor vel minima ab enim voluptas aspernatur. Aut veniam sit animi facere ea. Repellat sit sint quod voluptatem omnis iure architecto enim.

Commodi aut ut laudantium tempore explicabo. Voluptate et commodi id omnis voluptatem ducimus aut. Sit ipsa sequi neque. Voluptatibus sed dolorum asperiores non. Et tenetur earum deleniti illum quis. Ut eius reprehenderit id aut quos illum ducimus consequatur.

Similique eaque exercitationem voluptatem quia et. Aut maiores ea illo numquam molestiae. Occaecati architecto provident accusantium minima quae rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”