I am getting desperate now. I am starting to cold call and cold email resumes to boutique ibanks. Should I mention the fact that I am willing to work unpaid when I cold call?
If I email a resume should I always attach a cover letter? (I am asking because I can do the fire-emailing a lot more efficient if I can just attach resume and send out.) Do I mention willing to work unpaid in cover letter if I send one?
Anonymous Monkey, Upload Your Resume - Land a Job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+93 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- 11 Things Employers Tell Interviewees and What They Really Mean
1. "We Have a Very Flat Hierarchy":
We have a few VPs that take home all of the carry and three dozen Analysts grinding out all of our legwork because it's cheaper. All you little shits are replaceable and none of...+90 by PrestigeCaller in JOB
- [quote]I need this done for tomorrow morning, but don’t spend too much time on it. I don’t want you to be here all night.
That's what my MD said to me before I pulled my first all-nighter.
I've had other all-nighters since then, but you always remember...+51 by Alistair-Clark in CO
- Hello everyone. I'm an investment banking analyst and I.. hate my job to put it lightly. I'm also terrible at it, which is mostly due to how much I hate it (I was a top 2 analyst until I just started hating everything). No, I'm not throwing myself a pity party.
I'm...+38 by LateralMonkey in IB
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- I have a friend who’s doing a summer internship at a bank (not BB, but a smaller place).
His boss invited a bunch of the employees on his boat July 4th and all was good… until the boss broke out the Old School joint and started getting high.
The joint went around the group, and every...+21 by MichaelScarn in OFF
- Morning guys and Happy Friday!
I'm currently the managing partner at a Chicago based options trading firm. I've been here for five years. Prior to this I was a Trading Analyst and then Trader at a large Chicago based prop firm.
Ask me anything! The weirder the question, the better!+19 by remylebeau1337 in TR
- Title says it all. We hear a lot on here about the best books to read, but what is a book where you've thought:
"Man, that's 2-4 hours I'm never getting back"+18 by WhitePaper in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul23Webinar: IB & Finance Resume Advice -- 9pm ET, 7/23/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- Jul24Podcast: How to get from BCG to venture capital at 500 Startups -- Sheel Mohnot -- 7/24/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jul25Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/25-7/278:00 to 5:00 EDT New York, NY
- Jul26Charlotte WSO Meetup, Thur July 26th, 6pm6:00 EDT Charlotte, NC
- Jul29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online