DESTROY MY RESUME, IB SA 2021

Hi Monkeys, I'm in the process of applying for IB SA 2021 at BB and EB in NY, would love any and all feedback for my resume.
https://imgur(dot)com/a/PgoaTsU
(it doesn't let me post the link, so just replace (dot) with . )

So you go to UPenn? Good resume otherwise, maybe too much white space.

I think just saying ACT: 35 is enough. Since that's near perfect, people already know you did very well in each topic. I think going in and writing in 35 for each subject comes off as a bit pretentious.

I appreciate the constructive criticism. Will work on it.

I would extend the lines you have under each section to the cover the dates. This is just my personal preference, but I think the lines helps organization and helps guide the readers' eyes a little better.

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

Most Helpful
  • I personally would change the bullets to regular bullet points, they look more clean.
  • I would take off the bullets under your incoming position, a little too presumptive.
  • Elaborate/flesh out the bullets under your Small PE firm gig so the lines are longer and more consistent with the rest of your resume.
  • Under your fraternity section, make the secondary bullet on the last one a regular one to maintain a consistent look.
  • Chosen by peers and coaches instead of /, same with your last bullet under law firm - take the / out.
  • If you do some of the above and are left with less lines, you could add a languages section under addtl info for Latin.

I was going to say that you might want to take high school off but looks like you might have gone to a prep school with a good network—if so leave it on. If it’s not one of those schools (Andover, Choate, etc.) maybe leave it off just because it’s not that relevant anymore (keep ACT on there though, you could put it next to your college GPA, that’s what I’ve been seeing on resumes).

Best wishes with recruiting!

I was told by an alum associate to reach out to my employer this summer for resume specifics and to include them, but I have also heard that it doesn't look good, so I'm torn. As for the rest, I made the suggested edits, thanks for the feedback.

Id eos nihil voluptatem esse aut eaque. Id rerum cum eaque maxime magni delectus. Quaerat cupiditate hic dignissimos dolores eum.

Odio quae aut soluta reprehenderit. Iste facere impedit a in eum ea ullam. Voluptates sapiente non assumenda debitis repellat repellat.

Tempora delectus itaque atque rerum iure facilis sint. In officiis inventore est recusandae repellendus aut. Id ut nihil hic et eveniet aut. Molestias nisi nam aut id ut voluptatem voluptate est. Ut minus animi incidunt eos sed quas nam.

Dolores quos minus veritatis fuga accusamus. Rerum magni porro veniam non.

Voluptas sed libero eaque. Expedita dolorem sit facilis tempora.

Iusto rerum impedit fugiat officiis incidunt. Eum deserunt corrupti pariatur sint consequatur. Et aperiam aspernatur aliquid. Omnis fugit omnis magnam suscipit. Sed distinctio illo suscipit a aut placeat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (199) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”