I worked as a Software Engineer in big G but I am nowas a Technology Associate.
Now the problem is that I'm not sure how the dress code works for the tech employees because my interviewers had a diverse range of outfits from (polo + jeans) to (long-sleeved dress shirts + tie) perhaps depending on their level (?) I also did research on some WSO threads about bankers' attires but didn't find anything for tech.
My plan is to buy stuff (see below) that are just a notch lower than what a banker in my same level would wear. I want to hear your opinion on whether these are overkill for someone who just sits all day and doesn't talk to clients (lol).
- Seiko SARB033 $300 (already owned)
- Allen Edmonds Firenze Italian Loafers (Brown) $450
- Brooks Brothers Non-Iron Dress Shirt (Light blue) $180
- Brooks Brothers Wool Trousers (Navy Blue) $300
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.