Gained $11.5k - reinvest or cash out?

Analyst 2 in RE - Comm

So I came into some solid gains recently. I bought Nikola before the reverse-merger (when it was VectorIQ) at $14 and sold this week at $72. I actually did the research pre-merger on NKLA so please don't group me in with the Robinhood cowboys, lol, but I made about $11.5k in gains.

What should I be doing with that money now? I know it's not a lot, but it's the most I've ever made in my short 2 years of having a Fidelity account. Given the volatility we've seen the past few days, do you guys see it continuing? Should I have it as cash on the sidelines instead or pump it into QQQ or VOO?

Thanks in advance for the advice because I am really tempted to cash out on the gains and go buy something stupid like a watch and some shoes.

Comments (35)

Jun 26, 2020

Put it all on ZOM

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 26, 2020

Cash out, all on bitcoin

Most Helpful
Jun 26, 2020

Buy a life coach who can explain to you the difference between luck and skill....and then buy a passive fund

• Analyst 2 in RE - Comm
Jun 26, 2020

I already have passive funds in the portfolio but I suppose more doesn't hurt. Lol life coach we'll see about

Jun 26, 2020

Cash out and buy a used Rolex.

Funniest
Jun 26, 2020

Quit your job and set up a hedge fund.

Jun 26, 2020

Buy the watch and shoes.

"Out the garage is how you end up in charge
It's how you end up in penthouses, end up in cars, it's how you
Start off a curb servin', end up a boss"

Jun 26, 2020

Always remember to pay the tax man first - especially on a large gain. Deal with that first, then go from there.

Jun 26, 2020

Kiyosaki says pay the tax man last

Array

Jun 28, 2020

kiyosaki is a fraud, look it up

Jun 30, 2020

Kiyosaki=Asian Amway Tai Lopez

Jun 26, 2020

I think now you have enough wisdom to start your own company and post ads on YouTube about how you made millions in the stock market and how you can teach others how to too.

![Gained $11.5k - reinvest or cash o

lamborghini

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

Jun 27, 2020

wowwww nice paintjob

https://media0.giphy.com/media/PkXrOxe77MbmavlfWa/giphy.gif

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Jun 27, 2020

time for a new bike

$11.5K will cover most of it - trust me - you'll be happy you did this - watches are dumb - bikes are cool

CERVELO PX-SERIES DISC RED ETAP AXS 1
PULSE ENDURANCE SPORTS
$12,500.00

https://www.pulseendurance.com/products/cervelo-px...

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Jun 27, 2020

Ah yes the holy grail, will I sub 10 Kona if I buy this?

Jun 27, 2020
Ilikethegym:

Ah yes the holy grail, will I sub 10 Kona if I buy this?

Yes sub 10 Kona is practically guaranteed. If you can pull off the run.

https://content.active.com/Assets/Active.com+Content+Site+Digital+Assets/Triathlon/Galleries/The+Craziest+Moments+in+IRONMAN+World+Championship+History/the+crawl+part+2-slide5.gif

Jun 27, 2020

Cervelo? Boring. Get a Pinarello and call it a day.

Jun 27, 2020

ok then -

Pinarello Bolide TT
MSRP: $14,499.00

https://www.wrenchscience.com/road/frames/Pinarell...

• Analyst 2 in RE - Comm
Jun 27, 2020

I do need a bike for sure. But $12.5k to get around? I like nice bicycles but what will this do for someone who wants the average/above average ride in New York?

Jun 28, 2020

Central park is really fun to ride. I'd check out your local bike shop for deals. You should be able to get a good bike for $2K-5K if you want a good carbon fiber frame bike.

Jun 27, 2020

I have a private HF set up, AMAZING returns, dm me for my PayPal, ill hook you up mate

Jun 27, 2020

Rolex time

Jun 27, 2020

Reinvest.

Array

Jun 27, 2020

Your best bet is to dollar cost average into a low cost broad based ETF. VOO, VTI, SPY will all do the trick. I would buy in 4 equal increments of $3k spaced out over a few months. there's really no right answer how to buy, just make sure you don't try to time the bottom.

Jun 27, 2020

PLEASE explain further. I am still trying to make $1,000 so I can pay my medical bill!

I only have $100K in my bank account so really need the money or I will go down to $99K!e

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

• Analyst 2 in RE - Comm
Jun 27, 2020

Thanks, this is what I'm looking for

Jun 27, 2020

Buy a house

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 29, 2020

Better hide it before the left wing mob comes along demanding reparations

Jun 29, 2020
Analyst 2 in RE - Comm:

I am really tempted to cash out on the gains and go buy something stupid like a watch and some shoes.

Could always buy some art as well.

Jun 30, 2020
Comment