Gained $11.5k - reinvest or cash out?

So I came into some solid gains recently. I bought Nikola before the reverse-merger (when it was VectorIQ) at $14 and sold this week at $72. I actually did the research pre-merger on NKLA so please don't group me in with the Robinhood cowboys, lol, but I made about $11.5k in gains.

What should I be doing with that money now? I know it's not a lot, but it's the most I've ever made in my short 2 years of having a Fidelity account. Given the volatility we've seen the past few days, do you guys see it continuing? Should I have it as cash on the sidelines instead or pump it into QQQ or VOO?

Thanks in advance for the advice because I am really tempted to cash out on the gains and go buy something stupid like a watch and some shoes.

I already have passive funds in the portfolio but I suppose more doesn't hurt. Lol life coach we'll see about

I think now you have enough wisdom to start your own company and post ads on YouTube about how you made millions in the stock market and how you can teach others how to too.

![Gained $11.5k - reinvest or cash o

https://media1.giphy.com/media/11tpgWnpezWKNa/giphy.gif" alt="lamborghini" />

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

time for a new bike

$11.5K will cover most of it - trust me - you'll be happy you did this - watches are dumb - bikes are cool

CERVELO PX-SERIES DISC RED ETAP AXS 1 PULSE ENDURANCE SPORTS $12,500.00

https://www.pulseendurance.com/products/cervelo-px-series-red-etap-axs-…

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Ilikethegym:
Ah yes the holy grail, will I sub 10 Kona if I buy this?

Yes sub 10 Kona is practically guaranteed. If you can pull off the run.

![https://content.active.com/Assets/Active.com+Content+Site+Digital+Asset…] [https://content.active.com/Assets/Active.com+Content+Site+Digital+Asset… https://content.active.com/Assets/Active.com+Content+Site+Digital+Asset…

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I do need a bike for sure. But $12.5k to get around? I like nice bicycles but what will this do for someone who wants the average/above average ride in New York?

Central park is really fun to ride. I'd check out your local bike shop for deals. You should be able to get a good bike for $2K-5K if you want a good carbon fiber frame bike.

PLEASE explain further. I am still trying to make $1,000 so I can pay my medical bill!

I only have $100K in my bank account so really need the money or I will go down to $99K!https://media2.giphy.com/media/MbG2IHi2IC496en8mR/giphy.gif" alt="e" />

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

Analyst 2 in RE - Comm:
I am really tempted to cash out on the gains and go buy something stupid like a watch and some shoes.

Could always buy some art as well.

GameStop shares and DRS homie

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly" - Robert A. Wilson | "If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion

Quia eos nihil aliquam nostrum culpa blanditiis. Et asperiores id vitae beatae quae. Dolores fuga beatae earum in sapiente repellat.

Et sequi aliquid tempora excepturi et ipsam quibusdam. Recusandae consequatur nisi eveniet tenetur et tempore ipsam facilis.

Velit consequatur et tenetur. Sunt error animi commodi omnis in cupiditate nam ducimus. Tempora dolores sapiente sed nam. Architecto reiciendis repudiandae atque. Eum deleniti minima dolorum voluptatem repudiandae modi eum. Voluptas enim dolorum sit et aut enim.

Velit cumque et deleniti odit animi. Aliquam voluptatem in id sed blanditiis sed repellendus. Et qui odio nam omnis. Nam et enim praesentium eligendi accusantium delectus. Adipisci explicabo sunt dolores aut saepe nobis est nihil. Natus rerum officiis neque nulla.

Odit rem odit nesciunt et. Error ab ex et sit qui ipsum dolore. Perspiciatis non aperiam sapiente velit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”